- If your turkey weighs 18 to 20 pounds, roast it at 425°F for 312 to 334 hours, depending on how big it is.
- 334 to 4 hours at 400 degrees Fahrenheit 350°F for 4 to 414 hours is a good temperature range.
- 325°F for 414 to 412 hours at 325°F How long should an 18.5-pound turkey be cooked for?
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
The interior temperature must be at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit.What is the recommended cooking time for a 17-pound unstuffed turkey?
- 1 How long does it take to cook an 18 pound turkey?
- 2 How long does it take to cook a 18 lb unstuffed turkey?
- 3 Is it better to cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
- 4 How long does it take to cook a 18 lb turkey at 325?
- 5 What temperature do I cook an 18 pound turkey?
- 6 How long do you cook an 18 lb Butterball turkey?
- 7 How long do I cook a 17 lb turkey?
- 8 How long do I cook a 17 lb unstuffed turkey?
- 9 Do you cover a turkey while cooking?
- 10 How long do I cook a 16 lb unstuffed turkey?
- 11 Do you put water in the bottom of the roasting pan for turkey?
- 12 Do you put butter on turkey before cooking?
- 13 How often should you baste your turkey?
- 14 Is turkey done at 165 or 180?
- 15 How long to cook a Turkey in a Roaster Oven?
How long does it take to cook an 18 pound turkey?
Please keep in mind that turkeys and home ovens are all different. However, in general, you will want to roast an unstuffed turkey at 325 degrees for around 15 minutes per pound of weight. The cooking time for an 18-pounder would be around four and a half hours.
How long does it take to cook a 18 lb unstuffed turkey?
Traditionally prepared roast turkey (unstuffed)
|8 to 12 pounds||2 3/4 to 3 hours|
|12 to 14 pounds||3 1/2 to 4 hours|
|14 to 18 pounds||4 to 4 1/4 hours|
|18 to 20 pounds||4 1/4 to 4 3/4 hours|
Is it better to cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
325°F to 350°F is an appropriate temperature range for roasting a turkey uncovered. However, while high temperatures may cause the flesh to dry out, they are preferred over low temperatures that might prevent the turkey’s internal temperature from reaching a safe level throughout the cooking process.
How long does it take to cook a 18 lb turkey at 325?
Roast a 14- to 18-pound turkey at 325°F for 334- to 414.4 hours for a 14- to 18-pound bird. Roast one 18- to 20-pound turkey at 325°F for 414 to 412 hours for a total of 414 to 412 hours. Roast a 20- to 24-pound turkey at 325°F for 4 12 to 5 hours, depending on its size.
What temperature do I cook an 18 pound turkey?
If your turkey weighs 18 to 20 pounds, roast it at 425°F for 312 to 334 hours, depending on how big it is. 334 to 4 hours at 400 degrees Fahrenheit 350°F for 4 to 414 hours is a good temperature range. 325°F for 414 to 412 hours at 325°F
How long do you cook an 18 lb Butterball turkey?
Butterball’s recommendations for an unstuffed turkey were as follows:
- 112 to 2 hours for 6-10 pounds, 2212 hours for 10-18 pounds, 212 to 3 hours for 18-22 pounds, 3312 hours for 22-24 pounds
How long do I cook a 17 lb turkey?
- From 1 1/2 to 3 1/4 hours (breast alone)
- From 8 to 12 pounds: 2 3/4 to 3 hours
- From 12 to 14 pounds: 3 to 3 3/4 hours
- 14 to 18 pounds: 3 3/4 to 4 1/4 hours
- From 18 to 20 pounds: 4 1/4 to 5 hours 4 1/4 to 4 1/2 hours
- 20 to 24 pounds: 4 1/2 to 5 hours
- 30 to 40 pounds: 4 1/4 to 4 1/2 hours
How long do I cook a 17 lb unstuffed turkey?
Using the assumption that you would be roasting your turkey in a 325°F oven, allow 15 to 17 minutes of cooking time for each pound of unstuffed turkey. For a stuffed turkey, allow 20 to 22 minutes per pound of weight.
Do you cover a turkey while cooking?
To achieve this equilibrium, it is best to allow the bird to spend equal amounts of time covered and uncovered: For the most of the cooking time, we recommend covering the bird to keep it from drying out. Then, we recommend removing the cover for the last 30 minutes or so of cooking time to enable the skin to crisp.
How long do I cook a 16 lb unstuffed turkey?
The rule of thumb for roasting a turkey is 13 minutes per pound. So our 16-pound turkey was expected to cook in roughly 3 1/2 hours. However, several factors like brining the bird, cooking with an empty (un-stuffed) cavity, and leaving the legs un-trussed will lead to considerably speedier cooking.
Fill the roasting pan halfway with water to prevent the turkey from drying out. At the beginning of the cooking process, Grandma usually poured water or chicken stock into the bottom of the roasting pan to prevent the meat from sticking. This prevents the bird from becoming dehydrated.
Do you put butter on turkey before cooking?
Don’t smear butter on your fowl. It is not possible to make the flesh more juicy by putting butter under the skin, while it may aid in the browning of the skin. López-Alt, on the other hand, argues that butter contains around 17 percent water and will leave splotches on your bird’s skin. As an alternative, coat the skin with vegetable oil before roasting.
How often should you baste your turkey?
How often should you bast a turkey? The majority of turkey recipes will instruct you to baste your bird every 30 minutes. Nevertheless, our rule of thumb is really every forty minutes, and the following is why. There is no use in opening the oven too many times because the entire chicken will take considerably longer to cook, which is a major nuisance.
Is turkey done at 165 or 180?
In spite of the fact that some recipes specify that turkey should be cooked to 180 degrees Fahrenheit, turkey is safe to consume once it has reached 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Breasts overcooked beyond 165 degrees Fahrenheit will result in dry meat, whereas dark flesh can be cooked to 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
How long to cook a Turkey in a Roaster Oven?
Cook for 30 minutes at 400 degrees under a covered roaster. Reduce the heat to 325 degrees and cook for 3 1/2 to 4 hours, or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest portion of the turkey thigh registers 165 degrees.