Using the assumption that you would be roasting your turkey in a 325°F oven, allow 15 to 17 minutes of cooking time for each pound of unstuffed turkey. For a stuffed turkey, allow 20 to 22 minutes per pound of weight. 8 to 12 lb.
– Preheat the oven to 325°F and roast for 234 to 3 hours for an 8- to 12-pound turkey. – Roast a 12- to 14-pound turkey at 325°F for 3 to 334 hours for a 12- to 14-pound bird. Bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 334 to 414 hours for a 14- to 18-pound turkey. – Preheat the oven to 325°F and roast the turkey for 414 to 412 hours for an 18- to 20-pound bird.
- 1 How long should you cook a turkey at 325?
- 2 How long do you cook a 13 lb turkey at 325 degrees?
- 3 How many minutes per pound is 325 degrees?
- 4 Is it safe to cook a turkey at 325 degrees?
- 5 How do you cook a turkey at 325?
- 6 Should I cover my turkey with foil?
- 7 At what temperature is a 13 lb turkey done?
- 8 How long does it take to cook a 13 lb thawed turkey?
- 9 How long does it take to thaw out a 13 pound turkey?
- 10 How long do I cook a roast at 325?
- 11 How long do you cook a 5 lb roast at 325?
- 12 How long does it take to cook a 5 lb roast at 325 degrees?
- 13 How long do I cook a 20 lb turkey at 325 degrees?
- 14 How long do you cook a 14 pound Butterball turkey?
- 15 How long does a 14 lb stuffed turkey take to cook at 325?
- 16 How many minutes per pound to cook a Turkey?
- 17 How do you calculate cooking time for Turkey?
- 18 What is the average cooking time for a Turkey?
How long should you cook a turkey at 325?
Roast a turkey (8 to 12 pounds) at 325°F for 234 to 3 hours, depending on its size. Roast a 12- to 14-pound turkey at 325°F for 3 to 334 hours for a 12- to 14-pound bird. Roast a 14- to 18-pound turkey at 325°F for 334- to 414.4 hours for a 14- to 18-pound bird. Roast one 18- to 20-pound turkey at 325°F for 414 to 412 hours for a total of 414 to 412 hours.
How long do you cook a 13 lb turkey at 325 degrees?
When to cook the turkey: temperature and time recommendations
- For a 10–13-pound turkey (weighted with giblets), bake at 350° for 1 1/2–2 1/4 hours
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Prepare the following for a 14–23-pound turkey (weighted with giblets): bake at 325° for 2–3 hours
- For a 24–27-pound turkey
- For a 28–30-pound turkey (weight with giblets): bake in a 325° oven for 3 1/2–4 1/2 hours
- For a 30-pound turkey: bake in a 325° oven for 3 1/2–4 1/2 hours
How many minutes per pound is 325 degrees?
Following the USDA’s guidelines, an unstuffed turkey (fresh or defrosted) should be baked for approximately 15 minutes per pound at 325°F in a conventional oven. If you’re cooking your turkey in a convection oven, it will finish cooking somewhat faster.
Is it safe to cook a turkey at 325 degrees?
325°F to 350°F is an appropriate temperature range for roasting a turkey uncovered. However, while high temperatures may cause the flesh to dry out, they are preferred over low temperatures that might prevent the turkey’s internal temperature from reaching a safe level throughout the cooking process.
How do you cook a turkey at 325?
Cook the turkey for 3-3 3/4 hours at 325°F (with giblets) in a preheated oven. A 28-30 pound turkey (with giblets) should be baked for 3 1/2-4 1/2 hours at 325 degrees. Unstuffed birds are in style these days. A filled bird may cook at the same rate as an unstuffed chicken; however, plan on cooking it for 30 to 50 minutes longer than you would for an unstuffed bird.
Should I cover my turkey with foil?
Because roasting racks have narrower sides than roasters, more hot air can flow around the turkey, resulting in extra-crispy skin on the outside of the bird. Covering the turkey with aluminum foil replicates the function of a roaster cover in that it holds steam and moisture, preventing the bird from drying out while also enabling the skin to crisp up.
At what temperature is a 13 lb turkey done?
A safe temperature for a turkey is 165 degrees Fahrenheit, but you can remove it from the oven at as low as 160 degrees Fahrenheit because the temperature will raise while it is resting. This is according to the United States Department of Agriculture.
How long does it take to cook a 13 lb thawed turkey?
If you haven’t already, take the giblet bag out of the oven after about 3-1/2 hours and set it aside. As you reach the conclusion of the cooking period, check the temperature every 20 to 30 minutes to ensure that the food does not overcook. A 12- to 13-pound turkey is perfectly done about 4 1/2 to 5 hours in the oven.
How long does it take to thaw out a 13 pound turkey?
As a result, if your turkey weighs between 4 and 12 pounds, plan on it defrosting in the refrigerator for one to three days. If it weighs between 12 and 16 pounds, make sure it is stored in the refrigerator three to four days before the holiday arrives.
How long do I cook a roast at 325?
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit (165 degrees Celsius).
- On the stovetop, heat a heavy Dutch oven over medium-high heat until hot but not boiling. Add oil to the pan and sear the meat in the middle of the pan for 4 minutes on each side.
- Cook for 30 minutes at 325 degrees Fahrenheit (165 degrees Celsius) in the oven.
How long do you cook a 5 lb roast at 325?
A 5-pound roast was used, and the temperature was 325 degrees F for 1 1/2 hours, as indicated on the chart.
How long does it take to cook a 5 lb roast at 325 degrees?
It will take approximately 15 minutes to sear the roast at 450 degrees Fahrenheit prior to roasting it, and another 15 minutes for the roast to rest before serving it. The ideal temperature for roasting (after searing) is 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Names that are commonly used.
|Approx weight||Rare (125 °F)||Medium (145 °F)|
|4 lb||1 hr 8 min||1 hr 28 min|
|5 lb||1 hr 15 min||1 hr 36 min|
How long do I cook a 20 lb turkey at 325 degrees?
A 20-pound turkey will take 4 to 5 hours to roast in the oven at 325°F (the lowest temperature the USDA advises), and 4 14 to 5 14 hours to bake in the oven stuffed.
How long do you cook a 14 pound Butterball turkey?
Lift the turkey onto a tray and allow it to rest for 15 minutes before cutting it into slices. 4-4 1/2 hours; 7 to 9 pounds; 4 to 4 1/2 hours. 9-12 pounds / 4 1/2 to 5 hours 12-14 pounds in 5-6 hours
How long does a 14 lb stuffed turkey take to cook at 325?
Using a 325°F oven, here’s an approximate time guidance from the experts at foodsafety.gov on how long to cook a stuffed turkey: Our Test Kitchen team has tried and evaluated the following stuffed turkey cooking times and found them to be effective: Roast a 10- to 12-pound turkey for 314 to 312 hours for a 10- to 12-pound bird.Roast a 12- to 14-pound turkey for 3 12 to 4 hours, depending on its size.
How many minutes per pound to cook a Turkey?
When roasting a turkey, the standard rule of thumb for cooking time is 13 minutes per pound for an unstuffed turkey and 15 minutes per pound for a stuffed turkey at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Depending on its size, you can roast a turkey using the following suggestions: 8 to 12 pounders: 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 3 hours
How do you calculate cooking time for Turkey?
- Defrost. It can take anywhere from three to five days to completely defrost a turkey.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Set aside 15 to 20 minutes to enable your oven to completely warm before using.
- Rest. After that, let the turkey to rest for at least 30 minutes before carving it.
What is the average cooking time for a Turkey?
- From 1 1/2 to 3 1/4 hours (breast alone)
- From 8 to 12 pounds: 2 3/4 to 3 hours
- From 12 to 14 pounds: 3 to 3 3/4 hours
- 14 to 18 pounds: 3 3/4 to 4 1/4 hours
- From 18 to 20 pounds: 4 1/4 to 5 hours 4 1/4 to 4 1/2 hours
- 20 to 24 pounds: 4 1/2 to 5 hours
- 30 to 40 pounds: 4 1/4 to 4 1/2 hours