When to cook the turkey: temperature and time recommendations
- For a 10–13-pound turkey (weighted with giblets), bake at 350° for 1 1/2–2 1/4 hours
- remove from oven and set aside.
- Prepare the following for a 14–23-pound turkey (weighted with giblets): bake at 325° for 2–3 hours
- For a 24–27-pound turkey
- for a 28–30-pound turkey (weight with giblets): bake in a 325° oven for 3 1/2–4 1/2 hours
- for a 30-pound turkey: bake in a 325° oven for 3 1/2–4 1/2 hours
When the thigh hits 180 to 185 degrees and the breast reaches 170 to 175 degrees, your microwave turkey is done! What is the approximate cooking time for a 25-pound fresh turkey? When cooking an unstuffed turkey, a good rule of thumb is 15 to 20 minutes per pound of bird weight. What is the approximate cooking time for a 25-pound turkey at 350 degrees?
- 1 How long do you cook a 25 lb turkey at 350 degrees?
- 2 How long does it take a 25 pound turkey to cook?
- 3 Is it better to cook a stuffed turkey at 325 or 350?
- 4 Do you cook a turkey at 325 or 350 for how long?
- 5 How long do I cook a 25 lb turkey at 325?
- 6 How long should you cook a 24 lb turkey?
- 7 How long does it take to cook a 24 lb turkey in an oven bag?
- 8 How long does it take to cook a 24 lb Butterball turkey?
- 9 Should I cover my turkey with foil while cooking?
- 10 Do you put butter on turkey before cooking?
- 11 What temperature should a turkey be cooked at?
- 12 How long do I cook a 20 lb turkey at 325 degrees?
- 13 Do you put water in the bottom of the roasting pan for turkey?
- 14 How long do I cook a turkey at 325 degrees?
- 15 How long do you cook a 25 pound unstuffed Turkey?
- 16 How many minutes per pound to cook a Turkey?
- 17 How do you cook an unstuffed 25 pound turkey?
How long do you cook a 25 lb turkey at 350 degrees?
Roasting a turkey at 350 degrees F for 13 minutes per pound of weight for an unstuffed bird is our recommendation.
How long does it take a 25 pound turkey to cook?
According to the University of Minnesota Extension, a 25-pound turkey will take roughly 5 hours and 30 minutes to cook until done — when a thermometer put into the thickest portion of the breast and thigh reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit — if it is stuffed.
Is it better to cook a stuffed turkey at 325 or 350?
325°F to 350°F is an appropriate temperature range for roasting a turkey uncovered. However, while high temperatures may cause the flesh to dry out, they are preferred over low temperatures that might prevent the turkey’s internal temperature from reaching a safe level throughout the cooking process.
Do you cook a turkey at 325 or 350 for how long?
Cook the turkey for 3-3 3/4 hours at 325°F (with giblets) in a preheated oven. A 28-30 pound turkey (with giblets) should be baked for 3 1/2-4 1/2 hours at 325 degrees. Unstuffed birds are in style these days. A filled bird may cook at the same rate as an unstuffed chicken; however, plan on cooking it for 30 to 50 minutes longer than you would for an unstuffed bird.
How long do I cook a 25 lb turkey at 325?
Using the assumption that you would be roasting your turkey in a 325°F oven, allow 15 to 17 minutes of cooking time for each pound of unstuffed turkey. For a stuffed turkey, allow 20 to 22 minutes per pound of weight.
How long should you cook a 24 lb turkey?
The easiest method of determining turkey roasting durations is to multiply the weight of the bird by 13 minutes per pound at 350°F (which equals around 3 hours for a 12- to 14-pound turkey). If your turkey weighs 24 pounds, roast it at the following temperatures:
- The temperature will be 425°F for 414 to 412 hours, 400°F for 412 to 434, 350°F for 434, and 325°F for 514 to 514 hours.
How long does it take to cook a 24 lb turkey in an oven bag?
How long should a turkey be cooked in an oven bag? It will take roughly 2 to 2 1/2 hours to cook a 12- to 15-pound turkey. It will take around 3 1/2 to 4 hours to cook a 20- to 24-pound turkey. An internal thermometer reading of 165 F in the thickest section of the breast farthest from the bone is the greatest indicator of a well cooked chicken.
How long does it take to cook a 24 lb Butterball turkey?
Butterball’s recommendations for an unstuffed turkey were as follows:
- 112 to 2 hours for 6-10 pounds, 2212 hours for 10-18 pounds, 212 to 3 hours for 18-22 pounds, 3312 hours for 22-24 pounds
Should I cover my turkey with foil while cooking?
Because roasting racks have narrower sides than roasters, more hot air can flow around the turkey, resulting in extra-crispy skin on the outside of the bird. Covering the turkey with aluminum foil replicates the function of a roaster cover in that it holds steam and moisture, preventing the bird from drying out while also enabling the skin to crisp up.
Do you put butter on turkey before cooking?
Don’t smear butter on your fowl. It is not possible to make the flesh more juicy by putting butter under the skin, while it may aid in the browning of the skin. López-Alt, on the other hand, argues that butter contains around 17 percent water and will leave splotches on your bird’s skin. As an alternative, coat the skin with vegetable oil before roasting.
What temperature should a turkey be cooked at?
The use of a meat thermometer can help you ensure that your turkey is cooked to the proper internal temperature. Insert it so that it is near to, but not touching, the femur. If the temperature in the thigh reads 180 degrees F and the temperature in the breast reads 170 degrees F, the chicken is done and ready to serve.
How long do I cook a 20 lb turkey at 325 degrees?
A 20-pound turkey will take 4 to 5 hours to roast in the oven at 325°F (the lowest temperature the USDA advises), and 4 14 to 5 14 hours to bake in the oven stuffed.
Fill the roasting pan halfway with water to prevent the turkey from drying out. At the beginning of the cooking process, Grandma usually poured water or chicken stock into the bottom of the roasting pan to prevent the meat from sticking. This prevents the bird from becoming dehydrated.
How long do I cook a turkey at 325 degrees?
How Long Should a Turkey Be Roasted?
- To roast a turkey weighing 8 to 12 pounds at 325°F for 234 to 3 hours, or a 14-pound turkey at 325°F for 334 to 3 hours, follow the instructions below.
- Roast a 14- to 18-pound turkey at 325°F for 33-414 hours
- an 18- to 20-pound turkey at 325°F for 41-42 hours
- and a 22-pound turkey at 325°F for 41-42 hours.
How long do you cook a 25 pound unstuffed Turkey?
Weight loss ranges from 4 to 12 pounds in 1 to 3 days. In 3 to 4 days, you might lose 12 to 16 pounds. • 16 to 20 pound weight loss in 4 to 5 days. In 5 to 6 days, you’ll gain 20 to 24 pounds.
How many minutes per pound to cook a Turkey?
Cooking time and temperature for a turkey. When it comes to cooking a turkey, the rule of thumb is 13 minutes per pound of meat. For an unstuffed turkey, the time required to cook it is around 20 minutes per pound of body weight.
How do you cook an unstuffed 25 pound turkey?
- 1 1/2 pounds (uncooked) turkey per person is a reasonable estimate.
- Allow plenty of time for thawing your bird, which you can learn how to do here.
- Don’t forget to remove the giblet package and turkey neck (as well as making gravy!).
- It is safer to prepare stuffing in a separate baking dish, but if you choose to cook it in the bird, pack it in loosely — it should register at 165 F with an instant-read thermometer.