7. Inspect the stuffing to see how hot it is on the inside. Fill up the cavity with stuffing until it reaches the thickest area of the thermometer. Set the thermometer aside for 5 minutes. Roast Turkey with Stuffing
|8 to 12 pounds||2 3/4 to 3 hours|
|20 to 24 pounds||4 1/2 to 5 hours|
|8 to 12 pounds||3 to 3 1/2 hours|
- When cooking a stuffed turkey, the temperature in the stuffing should be 165°F, the temperature in the breast should be 170°F, and the temperature in the thigh should be 175.
- It is important to note that the temperature of the turkey will climb by approximately 5°F after it has been removed from the oven.
- Cover your turkey loosely with aluminum foil and let it to rest for around 10 minutes before carving for the most delectable results.
- 1 How long do you cook a 23 pound turkey that is stuffed?
- 2 Do you cook a stuffed turkey at 325 or 350?
- 3 How long does it take to cook a 23 pound turkey at 325?
- 4 How long does it take to cook a 23 pound turkey and at what temperature?
- 5 How long should a 22 pound turkey cook?
- 6 How long do you cook a 22 lb stuffed Butterball turkey?
- 7 How long do you cook a 22 pound turkey in a roaster?
- 8 How long does it take to cook a 24 lb turkey in an oven bag?
- 9 Should I cover my turkey with foil?
- 10 How long do you cook a 25 lb stuffed turkey?
- 11 How long does it take to cook a 23 lb turkey at 350?
How long do you cook a 23 pound turkey that is stuffed?
It takes longer to cook a filled turkey than it does an unstuffed bird. Roast a stuffed turkey at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes each pound of weight. Important: Check the internal temperature of the stuffing; it should be 165 degrees F (75 degrees C) when the thermometer is placed in the center of the stuffing, according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Do you cook a stuffed turkey at 325 or 350?
Cook the turkey for 3-3 3/4 hours at 325°F (with giblets) in a preheated oven. A 28-30 pound turkey (with giblets) should be baked for 3 1/2-4 1/2 hours at 325 degrees. Unstuffed birds are in style these days. A filled bird may cook at the same rate as an unstuffed chicken; however, plan on cooking it for 30 to 50 minutes longer than you would for an unstuffed bird.
How long does it take to cook a 23 pound turkey at 325?
Using the assumption that you would be roasting your turkey in a 325°F oven, allow 15 to 17 minutes of cooking time for each pound of unstuffed turkey. For a stuffed turkey, allow 20 to 22 minutes per pound of weight.
How long does it take to cook a 23 pound turkey and at what temperature?
The rule of thumb is 15 minutes per pound of turkey, but the actual cooking time may vary depending on the oven temperature, whether the turkey is filled or unstuffed, and if the bird is fresh or frozen.
|Turkey weight||Unstuffed turkey cooking time||Oven temperature|
|15 to 22 lb||3 to 4 hours||325°F|
|23 to 25 lb||4 to 4 1/2hours||325°F|
How long should a 22 pound turkey cook?
The easiest method of determining turkey roasting durations is to multiply the weight of the bird by 13 minutes per pound at 350°F (which equals around 3 hours for a 12- to 14-pound turkey). If your turkey weighs between 21 and 22 pounds, roast it at the following temperatures:
- The following temperatures were used: 425°F for 4 to 414 hours
- 400°F for 414 to 412 hours
- 350°F for 412 to 434 hours
- 325°F for 434 to 5 hours.
How long do you cook a 22 lb stuffed Butterball turkey?
|SIZE||APPROXIAMATE THAWING TIME||APPROXIMATE ROASTING TIME 325°F|
|22 to 24 lbs||5 to 6 days||5 to 5½ hrs.|
|24 to 30 lbs||6 to 7 days||5½ to 6½ hrs.|
|If turkey is covered or placed in an oven cooking bag, time will vary|
How long do you cook a 22 pound turkey in a roaster?
What is the recommended cooking time for a turkey in a roaster? The precise amount of time it takes to cook a turkey is determined on the size of the bird and whether it is stuffed or not stuffed. For an unstuffed chicken at 325 degrees Fahrenheit, you’ll want to allow around 8-10 minutes per pound.
How long does it take to cook a 24 lb turkey in an oven bag?
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius).
- Remove the giblets from the turkey after it has been rinsed. season with salt and pepper to taste
- Flour the bottom of a turkey-size oven bag and set it aside.
- Preparation time: 3-1/2 hours, or until the internal temperature of the thigh flesh reaches 180 degrees Fahrenheit (85 degrees Celsius).
Should I cover my turkey with foil?
Because roasting racks have narrower sides than roasters, more hot air can flow around the turkey, resulting in extra-crispy skin on the outside of the bird. Covering the turkey with aluminum foil replicates the function of a roaster cover in that it holds steam and moisture, preventing the bird from drying out while also enabling the skin to crisp up.
How long do you cook a 25 lb stuffed turkey?
According to the University of Minnesota Extension, a 25-pound turkey will take roughly 5 hours and 30 minutes to cook until done — when a thermometer put into the thickest portion of the breast and thigh reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit — if it is stuffed.
How long does it take to cook a 23 lb turkey at 350?
When to cook the turkey: temperature and time recommendations
- For a 10–13-pound turkey (weighted with giblets), bake at 350° for 1 1/2–2 1/4 hours
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Prepare the following for a 14–23-pound turkey (weighted with giblets): bake at 325° for 2–3 hours
- For a 24–27-pound turkey
- For a 28–30-pound turkey (weight with giblets): bake in a 325° oven for 3 1/2–4 1/2 hours
- For a 30-pound turkey: bake in a 325° oven for 3 1/2–4 1/2 hours