Timetable for roasting a turkey at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (177 degrees Celsius)*
|14 – 16 lbs (6.4 – 7.3 kg)||4 h 40 min – 5 h 20 min|
|17 – 19 lbs (7.7 – 8.6 kg)||5 h 40 min – 6 h 20 min|
|20 – 22 lbs (9.1 – 10.0 kg)||6 h 40 min – 7 h 20 min|
|23 – 24 lbs (10.4 – 10.9 kg)||7 h 40 min – 8 h|
- 1 How long does it take to cook a 16 lb stuffed turkey at 350 degrees?
- 2 How long will it take to cook a stuffed 16 lb turkey?
- 3 Is it better to cook a stuffed turkey at 325 or 350?
- 4 How much longer does it take to cook a turkey stuffed?
- 5 How long does it take to cook a 16 lb turkey in a cooking bag?
- 6 Is turkey done at 165 or 180?
- 7 How long do you cook a 16 lb stuffed turkey and at what temperature?
- 8 How long do you cook a 16 lb stuffed turkey at 325?
- 9 Do you put water in the bottom of the roasting pan for turkey?
- 10 How long do you cook a stuffed 18 lb turkey?
- 11 How long do you cook a stuffed turkey per pound at 325 degrees?
- 12 How long do I cook 17 pound turkey?
- 13 What temperature should stuffed turkey be cooked to?
How long does it take to cook a 16 lb stuffed turkey at 350 degrees?
It takes longer to cook a filled turkey than it does an unstuffed bird. Roast a stuffed turkey at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes each pound of weight. Important: Check the internal temperature of the stuffing; it should be 165 degrees F (75 degrees C) when the thermometer is placed in the center of the stuffing, according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
How long will it take to cook a stuffed 16 lb turkey?
This procedure is most effective for birds weighing 12 to 16 pounds. (Buy one to one and a half pounds of turkey for each person.) How long should the turkey be cooked? If you’re roasting an empty turkey, you’ll need 13 minutes per pound of weight, and 15 minutes per pound if you’re stuffing it.
Is it better to cook a stuffed turkey at 325 or 350?
325°F to 350°F is an appropriate temperature range for roasting a turkey uncovered. However, while high temperatures may cause the flesh to dry out, they are preferred over low temperatures that might prevent the turkey’s internal temperature from reaching a safe level throughout the cooking process.
How much longer does it take to cook a turkey stuffed?
If you use a food thermometer, you can tell whether a whole turkey is done when the temperature in the innermost section of the thigh reaches an internal temperature of 165°F or above. Roast Turkey with Stuffing
|8 to 12 pounds||2 3/4 to 3 hours|
|20 to 24 pounds||4 1/2 to 5 hours|
|8 to 12 pounds||3 to 3 1/2 hours|
How long does it take to cook a 16 lb turkey in a cooking bag?
Cook entire, unstuffed turkeys in oven cooking bags at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately the following amounts of time:
- Cooking time for an 8-12 lb turkey is 1 1/2 to 2 hours
- For a 12-16 lb turkey is 2 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours
- For a 16-20 lb turkey is 2 1/2 to 3 hours
- And for a 20-24 lb turkey is 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
Is turkey done at 165 or 180?
In spite of the fact that some recipes specify that turkey should be cooked to 180 degrees Fahrenheit, turkey is safe to consume once it has reached 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Breasts overcooked beyond 165 degrees Fahrenheit will result in dry meat, whereas dark flesh can be cooked to 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
How long do you cook a 16 lb stuffed turkey and at what temperature?
Bake uncovered at 325° for 4-1/2 to 5-1/2 hours, or until a thermometer registers 180° for the turkey and 165° for the stuffing, basting every 30 minutes, until the turkey and stuffing are done (cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly). Bake the remaining stuffing for 35-40 minutes longer than the first batch.
How long do you cook a 16 lb stuffed turkey at 325?
If your turkey weighs 15 to 16 pounds, roast it at the following temperatures:
- The following temperatures were used: 425°F for 3 to 314 hours
- 400°F for 314 to 312 hours
- 350°F for 312 to 334 hours
- 325°F for 3 to 4 hours
Fill the roasting pan halfway with water to prevent the turkey from drying out. At the beginning of the cooking process, Grandma usually poured water or chicken stock into the bottom of the roasting pan to prevent the meat from sticking. This prevents the bird from becoming dehydrated.
How long do you cook a stuffed 18 lb turkey?
How Long Should a Stuffed Turkey Be Cooked?
- To roast a 10- to 12-pound turkey, allow 314 to 312 hours of cooking time
- To roast a 12- to 14-pound turkey, allow 312 to 4 hours of cooking time.
- Roast a 14- to 18-pound turkey for 4 to 414 hours
- An 18- to 20-pound turkey for 414 to 434 hours
- A 20- to 24-pound turkey for 434 to 514 hours
- And a 24-pound turkey for 434 to 514 hours.
How long do you cook a stuffed turkey per pound at 325 degrees?
It takes longer to cook a filled turkey than it does an unstuffed bird. Using the assumption that you would be roasting your turkey in a 325°F oven, allow 15 to 17 minutes of cooking time for each pound of unstuffed turkey. For a stuffed turkey, allow 20 to 22 minutes per pound of weight.
How long do I cook 17 pound turkey?
How long should a turkey be roasted?
- From 1 1/2 to 3 1/4 hours (breast alone)
- From 8 to 12 pounds: 2 3/4 to 3 hours
- From 12 to 14 pounds: 3 to 3 3/4 hours
- 14 to 18 pounds: 3 3/4 to 4 1/4 hours
- From 18 to 20 pounds: 4 1/4 to 5 hours 4 1/4 to 4 1/2 hours
- 20 to 24 pounds: 4 1/2 to 5 hours
- 30 to 40 pounds: 4 1/4 to 4 1/2 hours
What temperature should stuffed turkey be cooked to?
If the temperature in the thigh reads 180 degrees F and the temperature in the breast reads 170 degrees F, the chicken is done and ready to serve. (If it’s filled, check the temperature in the middle of the filling to be sure it’s 165 degrees F, too.)