Stuffed Roast Turkey
|8 to 12 pounds||2 3/4 to 3 hours|
|14 to 18 pounds||3 3/4 to 4 1/4 hours|
|18 to 20 pounds||4 1/4 to 4 1/2 hours|
|20 to 24 pounds||4 1/2 to 5 hours|
Are you unsure about how long you should cook the bird in the oven? A 20-pound turkey will take 4 to 5 hours to roast in the oven at 325°F (the lowest temperature the USDA advises), and 4 14 to 5 14 hours to bake in the oven stuffed.
- 1 How long does it take to cook a 20-pound Turkey?
- 2 How much Turkey do I need to cook for a party?
- 3 How do you cook a Turkey in a roasting pan?
- 4 What temperature do you bake a Turkey at in the oven?
- 5 How many minutes per pound do you roast a Turkey?
- 6 How many minutes per pound to cook a Turkey?
- 7 How long should you deep fry a Turkey?
How long does it take to cook a 20-pound Turkey?
According to the USDA, cooking an 18- to 20-pound unstuffed frozen or fresh turkey in an oven preheated to 325 degrees Fahrenheit would take between 4 1/4 and 4 1/2 hours in a preheated oven. This equates to around 14 minutes of cooking time per pound of meat.
How much Turkey do I need to cook for a party?
We talked with the USDA, which is the world’s foremost authority on all things turkey, and came up with this simple advice for cooking success. 1 1/2 pounds (uncooked) turkey per person is a good estimate. Make sure you provide adequate time for thawing your bird; here’s our thawing instructions to help you.
How do you cook a Turkey in a roasting pan?
- Using a shallow roasting pan, place a cooking rack in the pan.
- Place the turkey on the rack, breast side up, and cook for 30 minutes.
- Kitchen twine can be used to tuck the ends of the legs under any slack flesh in the tail area or to tie the ankles together.
- The ends of the wings should be tucked beneath the shoulders.
Melted butter or olive oil should be brushed onto the surface of the turkey.
What temperature do you bake a Turkey at in the oven?
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit (150 degrees Celsius). As recommended by the USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service, this is the bare minimum temperature that should be utilized while baking a Thanksgiving turkey. If necessary, remove the turkey neck and giblets from the cavity of the bird’s body and set them aside.
How many minutes per pound do you roast a Turkey?
- Roasting a turkey at 350 degrees F for 13 minutes per pound of weight for an unstuffed bird is our recommendation.
- What is the approximate cooking time for a 26-pound turkey?
- Roasting time (without stuffing): Preheat the oven to 425° F and roast for 45 minutes.
- Cover with aluminum foil, lower the temperature to 350° F, and continue to roast the turkey until a thigh registers 180° F, about 3 to 312 hours total cooking time.
How many minutes per pound to cook a Turkey?
Cooking time and temperature for a turkey. When it comes to cooking a turkey, the rule of thumb is 13 minutes per pound of meat. For an unstuffed turkey, the time required to cook it is around 20 minutes per pound of body weight.
How long should you deep fry a Turkey?
Fry until the turkey reaches a temperature of 165°F. In general, it takes 3 1/2 minutes per pound for a deep-fried turkey to reach 165°F, so a 12- to 14-pound bird will take 40 to 50 minutes to achieve that temperature. When testing the internal temperature of the turkey, use the hook that is attached to the poultry rack to carefully pull the turkey out of the oil while it is still warm.