Led by explorer Ferdinand Magellan, the armada’s goal was to reach the Spice Islands of Maluku (in the Indonesian archipelago) and open a new trading route for Spain. A modern replica of the Victoria, one of the ships in Magellan’s fleet. Thus began the first recorded trip around the globe.
- 1 What was the purpose of the voyage?
- 2 What is the main theme of Magellan’s voyage?
- 3 What was the purpose of Christopher Columbus first voyage?
- 4 What is the main goal of first voyage around the world?
- 5 What is the purpose of Pigafetta in writing the first voyage around the world?
- 6 What did Magellan’s voyage prove?
- 7 What was the purpose of Columbus second voyage?
- 8 What was the purpose of Christopher Columbus voyage quizlet?
- 9 What was Columbus mission?
- 10 What were Ferdinand Magellan accomplishments?
What was the purpose of the voyage?
The purpose of Ferdinand Magellan’s voyage was to find a route to Asia sailing West.
What is the main theme of Magellan’s voyage?
In sum, Magellan Route represents the confirmation of the Earth’s roundness, is at the origins of the concept of globalism and the universality of knowledge.
What was the purpose of Christopher Columbus first voyage?
Columbus wanted to find a new route to India, China, Japan and the Spice Islands. If he could reach these lands, he would be able to bring back rich cargoes of silks and spices.
What is the main goal of first voyage around the world?
The goal of the expedition was to find a western route to Asia through the Americas to establish a spice trade route alternative to the Eastern route around Africa under Portuguese control pursuant to the Treaty of Tordesillas.
What is the purpose of Pigafetta in writing the first voyage around the world?
Question 1: What is the primary reason of the author in writing the document Antonio Pigafetta’s First Voyage Around the World: A Travelogue? How was it produced? The Author wanted to document his journey across the globe. He wanted to detail the events and experience.
What did Magellan’s voyage prove?
Ferdinand Magellan Magellan wanted to prove that the world was round and through his explorations he DID prove that the Earth is round. He established the first route to the East that involved sailing to the west.
What was the purpose of Columbus second voyage?
The stated purpose of the second voyage was to convert the indigenous Americans to Christianity. Before Columbus left Spain, he was directed by Ferdinand and Isabella to maintain friendly, even loving, relations with the natives. He set sail from Cádiz, Spain, on 25 September 1493.
What was the purpose of Christopher Columbus voyage quizlet?
The explorer Christopher Columbus made four trips across the Atlantic Ocean from Spain: in 1492, 1493, 1498 and 1502. He was determined to find a direct water route west from Europe to Asia, but he never did. Instead, he accidentally stumbled upon the Americas.
What was Columbus mission?
Columbus’s mission was not to prove that the earth was round. The purpose of Columbus’s trip was to find a water route to the eastern shore of Asia from Europe.
What were Ferdinand Magellan accomplishments?
10 Major Accomplishments of Ferdinand Magellan
- #1 He fought for Portugal in several important battles during his early career.
- #2 He was the first to discover a westward route from Europe to Asia.
- #3 He was the first European to discover and navigate the Strait of Magellan.
- #4 Ferdinand Magellan named the Pacific Ocean.