OE error code indicates that the washer is unable to drain the water it used during the wash cycle. OE can be triggered by a kinked drain hose or a clogged drain pump filter.
- 1 How do I reset the OE on my LG washer?
- 2 How do I fix the OE code on my LG top load washer?
- 3 How do I get my LG washer to drain?
- 4 Why is my LG washing machine not draining?
- 5 How do I test my LG washing machine drain pump?
- 6 How do I fix my LG OE error?
- 7 Can I force my washer to drain?
- 8 Why does my washing machine not drain?
- 9 How do I drain the water from my LG front load washer?
- 10 How do I know if my washing machine drain pump is bad?
- 11 Why won’t my washer drain and spin?
How do I reset the OE on my LG washer?
Slide the clean drain pump filter back into the washer. Be sure the filter is put back secure. Put the cover back on the drain pump filter by turning it clockwise. Once the filter is cleaned, re-secured, and free from any blockages, wash a small load to be sure the error code OE has cleared.
How do I fix the OE code on my LG top load washer?
OE Error Code – Top Load Washer
- Press POWER to turn the washer on.
- Press the SPECIAL USE key until SPIN ONLY is lit.
- Press the START/PAUSE button to begin the cycle.
- The unit should begin a SPIN ONLY cycle and attempt to drain any remaining water that is inside the washer.
How do I get my LG washer to drain?
If you want to perform a drain-only cycle, turn on your LG washer and press the spin button and then press start. After a few minutes, the cycle will end and your washer should have drained out the water.
Why is my LG washing machine not draining?
Unbalanced Load. One of the most common reasons your LG washer won’t drain often results from an unbalanced load. Washing a large or heavy item can cause it to settle on one side of the washer drum. When this happens your LG washer won’t drain or spin properly and water will be left behind.
How do I test my LG washing machine drain pump?
Test the drain pump.
- Press POWER to turn the washer ON.
- Press the SPIN SPEED key until HIGH is selected.
- Press the START/PAUSE button to start the SPIN ONLY cycle.
- Listen to hear a humming sound which indicates that the drain pump motor has started working.
How do I fix my LG OE error?
OE can be triggered by a kinked drain hose or a clogged drain pump filter.
- Check for kinked drain hose. Check behind the washer to ensure that the drain hose is not kinked or clogged.
- Test the drain pump.
- Do you hear the humming sound?
- Clean drain pump filter.
- Run tub clean cycle.
- Request Repair.
Can I force my washer to drain?
If you are trying to drain a washing machine for moving or drain a washing machine for storage, powering it down will keep any electronic problems from popping up. To do this, you need to both switch the power button on the model off and unplug your washer from the outlet.
Why does my washing machine not drain?
There are a few possibilities why your washing machine won’t drain. Your washer may have a clogged drain hose or the pump may be broken. A broken lid switch or belt could also be the culprit. It may even be something as simple as the hose being jammed.
How do I drain the water from my LG front load washer?
Press the POWER button to turn the washing machine off and remove the plug from the outlet. Locate the service panel on the bottom-left corner of the unit and open it. Unclip the drain hose and remove the plug from the drain hose to drain the water remaining inside the wash tub.
How do I know if my washing machine drain pump is bad?
Check the pump pulley by removing the pump from the washer and trying to rotate it by hand. If the pulley doesn’t turn freely and is frozen or stiff, replace it. Also, if the agitator is moving but the tub isn’t, this is a sign the pump is dying. For front-loading washers, do not attempt to open the door mid-cycle.
Why won’t my washer drain and spin?
If your washer won’t drain or spin, the water level control may be faulty. Open the machine’s control panel and look for a plastic tube attached to the water level valve. If it’s clogged, clear it out with vinegar. If the valve itself is corroded, it may need to be replaced.