- 1 How do you set up a turkey on the Big Green Egg?
- 2 How long does it take to smoke a 14 pound turkey?
- 3 Do you cook a turkey covered or uncovered in the oven?
- 4 What temperature do you cook a turkey on the Big Green Egg?
- 5 How long does it take to smoke a turkey on a green egg?
- 6 How long does a turkey take to cook at 325?
- 7 What temperature do you cook turkey at?
- 8 What is the best temp to smoke a turkey?
- 9 Should I wrap my turkey in foil while smoking?
- 10 How long should turkey rest after cooking?
- 11 Does it take longer to smoke two turkeys?
- 12 How do I keep my turkey moist?
- 13 Should I put butter or oil on my turkey?
- 14 Is it better to cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
How do you set up a turkey on the Big Green Egg?
Set up your Big Green Egg for indirect cooking using a ConvEGGerator. Place several chunks of hickory wood in with the charcoal to give your bird a hint of smoke. Pick your favorite BBQ rub for the turkey to add some extra flavor to the skin.
How long does it take to smoke a 14 pound turkey?
Smoke at 225 to 250 degrees F (110 to 120 degrees C) for 10 hours, or until internal temperature reaches 180 degrees F (80 degrees C) when measured in the thickest part of the thigh. Baste the bird every 1 to 2 hours with the juices from the bottom of the roasting pan.
Do you cook a turkey covered or uncovered in the oven?
Always cook your turkey until the skin is a light golden color. Cover your roasting pan with a lid or foil and cook covered for 2 hours (depending on size of your bird) and uncovered for the remaining time. Baste your turkey every half hour or so.
What temperature do you cook a turkey on the Big Green Egg?
Set the EGG up for indirect cooking with the convEGGtor at 325°F / 163°C. Use a handful of pecan chips for a light, smoky flavor and to provide a deep brown color to the turkey. Spread the seasoning generously over the outside of the bird.
How long does it take to smoke a turkey on a green egg?
Place the turkey on the smoker and close the lid. It’s going to take about 3-4 hours to hit the target temperatures of 165 in the breast and 175 in the thighs. Every 45 min to 1 hour spray the skin with cooking spray for moisture.
How long does a turkey take to cook at 325?
If your turkey weighs 8 to 12 pounds, roast it at: 325 °F for 2¾ to 3 hours.
What temperature do you cook turkey at?
Basic recipe Heat the oven to 180C/ 160C fan/gas 4. Smear the butter all over the turkey and season with salt and pepper. Put in a roasting tin, breast-side up, and roast for 40 mins per 1kg for the first 4kg, then 45 mins for every 1kg over that weight, or until the internal temperature reaches 65- 70C.
What is the best temp to smoke a turkey?
165 degrees F is the safest temperature for smoked turkey. You need to be sure that you’re achieving the correct internal temperature for both food safety reasons and also for the juiciness factor.
Should I wrap my turkey in foil while smoking?
If the wings are getting too dark, cover them with aluminum foil. He wraps the turkey in heavy duty aluminum foil and finishes the cooking in the smoker until the turkey’s internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Once the turkey is cooked through, allow it to rest for five to 10 minutes before carving.
How long should turkey rest after cooking?
The turkey needs to rest before carving. About 45 minutes or so gives it time to reabsorb the juices; otherwise they’ll dribble out when you slice, and the meat will be dry. Don’t tent the turkey with foil to keep it warm while it’s resting; it’s unnecessary and will make the skin soggy.
Does it take longer to smoke two turkeys?
Re: Egg on my face for our smoked 2 Turkey dinner party. two turkeys would add considerably more time than the extra 2 hours you alloted. always plan on it taking longer than you planned.
How do I keep my turkey moist?
Classic Bread Stuffing Recipe Choose a fresh turkey instead of a frozen one. Roast two small turkeys rather than one large one. Brine the turkey. Rub soft butter under the skin. Truss loosely, or not at all. Roast the turkey upside down at first. Don’t overcook it. Let the turkey rest before carving.
Should I put butter or oil on my turkey?
2. Rub the skin with fat. Once you’ve carefully dried off the skin, the next step you can take to guarantee perfectly crispy turkey skin is to rub it with a fat, like butter or oil. Oil will yield a crispier skin than butter because butter is at least 20 percent water, while oil contains no water.
Is it better to cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
Roast the turkey uncovered at a temperature ranging from 325 °F to 350 °F. Higher temperatures may cause the meat to dry out, but this is preferable to temperatures that are too low which may not allow the interior of the turkey to cook to a safe temperature.