It dries quickly, has no odor and isn’t flammable.
McCloskey’s water-based polyurethane varnish is crystal clear and is an ideal choice for lightly colored and pickled cabinets.
Oil-based varnishes tend to be amber in color, with polyurethanes more so than alkyds.
What is the best clear coat for kitchen cabinets?
Best Clear Coats for Kitchen Cabinets in September, 2019
|1||General Finishes Topcoat Editor’s Choice||flat, satin, semi-gloss, gloss|
|2||Rust-Oleum Polyurethane||satin, semi-gloss, gloss|
|3||Minwax Polycrylic||flat, satin, semi-gloss, gloss|
|4||Minwax Helmsman||satin, semi-gloss, gloss|
6 more rows
How do you Revarnish kitchen cabinets?
How to Refinish Kitchen Cabinets
- Step 2: Clean and dry your cabinets.
- Step 3: Prime your cabinets.
- Step 4: Paint and let dry.
- Step 5: Replace Hinges and Pulls.
- Step 6: Drill pilot holes.
- Step 3: Install hinges.
- Step 8: Reattach Cabinet Doors.
How can I refinish my kitchen cabinets without sanding?
How to Paint Kitchen Cabinets Without Sanding or Priming
- Remove Any Dirt and Grime. Using a scrubbing sponge, thoroughly wipe down each cabinet surface with a grease-cutting cleaner, making sure to remove all dirt and grime.
- Apply Liquid Deglosser.
- Label Doors + Remove Hardware.
- Clean Out the Inside.
- Paint the Back.
- Insert Thumbtacks.
- Paint the Molding.
- Paint the Front Side.