Here are my five favorite ways to make your galley kitchen feel bigger
- Lighten up (with white or lighting)
- Open up your shelving.
- Add patterns to the walls.
- Dress up that (super narrow) floor.
- Fancy up your walls and windows.
How do you arrange a galley kitchen?
10 Tips For Planning A Galley Kitchen
- Assess your space.
- Choose your galley look: Symmetrical …
- … or asymmetrical.
- Put tall cabinets on one wall.
- Or break up the run.
- Work with a galley corridor.
- Enhance a closed-off kitchen wall.
- Create a galley with an island.
How much does it cost to renovate a small galley kitchen?
Cost to Renovate a Kitchen by Size
It could cost as little as $5,000 to remodel a small kitchen and as much as $60,000+ to do a large renovation. The size of your space will play a significant role in how expensive your renovation gets. Below, see the typical spend for various sizes and the factors involved.
How do you modernize a kitchen?
11 Ways To Update Your Kitchen On A Dime
- Swap out lighting. Stylish new pendant lights can easily become the new focal point of the room.
- Add new hardware.
- Upgrade accessories.
- Paint half the cabinets for a high-contrast look.
- Add sconces.
- Work in rustic elements.
- Add storage with simple shelves.
- Use Roman shades for a finished look.