13 Ways to Make a Ceiling Look Higher
- Uncover the ceiling’s architectural skeleton.
- Use recessed (canned) lighting.
- Remove crown molding (or keep it very thin).
- Paint the ceiling white.
- Paint the ceiling color down onto the walls.
- Use a high-gloss finish for the ceiling.
- Use a matte finish on the ceiling.
- Paint vertical stripes on the walls.
How do I make my builder grade cabinets look better?
13 Ways to Upgrade Your Builder-Grade Cabinets Without Replacing Them
- Paint Your Builder Grade Cabinets.
- Add cabinets on top of the existing cabinets.
- Re-hang your cabinets higher and add shelving underneath.
- Install New Hardware.
- Add a backsplash.
- Paint your kitchen walls a dark neutral color.
How do you upgrade cabinets?
12 Easy Ways to Upgrade Basic Kitchen Cabinets
- Add Task Lighting or Uplighting. Installing lighting on cabinets isn’t just a practical improvement.
- Remove the Doors.
- Add Glass Door Inserts.
- Install Roll-Out Shelving.
- Replace Door Fronts With Chicken Wire.
- Add Crown Molding.
- Add Lid Storage.
- Spice Up Your Doors.
What do you do with space above kitchen cabinets?
7 Things to Do with That Awkward Space Above the Cabinets
- Put some baskets up there and stash your stuff in them.
- Use the space to store cookbooks.
- Add a little art.
- Squeeze in some extra wine storage.
- Add an extra shelf above the cabinets.
- Fill the space in.
- Move your cabinets up to the ceiling to re-capture the space.