Most people place the hardware between 2 and 4 inches from the bottom edge of the door.
A modern approach is to line the bottom edge of the hardware with the top edge of the rail.
If you’re using knobs, centering them in the corner of the frame gives the cabinets a traditional look.
- 1 Where should cabinet pulls be placed?
- 2 Should I use knobs or pulls on kitchen cabinets?
- 3 How do you install cabinet pulls with a template?
- 4 Where should Pulls be placed on kitchen cabinets?
- 5 What hardware looks best on Shaker cabinets?
- 6 Where do you put knobs and pulls on kitchen cabinets?
- 7 How do you choose cabinet pulls size?
- 8 What size cabinet pulls should I use?
- 9 Can you put knobs on kitchen drawers?
- 10 What are most popular kitchen cabinet pulls?
- 11 What is the best material for cabinet pulls?
- 12 Where do drawer pulls go on Shaker cabinets?
- 13 How much does it cost to install cabinet hardware?
- 14 Where do you put cup pulls on drawers?
Where should cabinet pulls be placed?
For pulls (having two screws) on upper cabinets, the pull should be centered horizontally on the door stile and the bottom hole should be placed 2-1/2” up from the bottom of the door. For lower cabinets the upper hole should be placed vertically, 2-1/2” down from the top of the door.
Should I use knobs or pulls on kitchen cabinets?
Cabinet pulls and knobs aren’t always considered like they should be, but the style that you pick can really impact the feel of your kitchen space. The hardware is just as important as your cabinets.
How do you install cabinet pulls with a template?
AlignRight Cabinet Hardware Installation Template for Knobs & Pulls
Where should Pulls be placed on kitchen cabinets?
On wall cabinets, knobs are usually placed 2-1/2” to 3” from the bottom corner of the door, on the side opposite of the hinge. On base cabinets, it’s placed 2-1/2” to 3” from the upper corner of the door. Knobs centered in the corner of the door frame make for a classic look.
What hardware looks best on Shaker cabinets?
We’ve selected some of the top hardware styles for shaker cabinets, and what looks they will bring to your kitchen.
- Classic – Ceramic Knobs.
- Elegant – Glass Knobs.
- SIMPLE- brass/nickel knobs.
- MODERN – tubular bar pulls.
- Sleek – Flat Bar Pulls.
- VINTAGE- bin pulls.
- RETRO – latches.
- INDUSTRIAL – pulls with exposed screws.
Where do you put knobs and pulls on kitchen cabinets?
Placement for Use
Cabinet knobs and cabinet pulls are typically installed between 2 1/2 and 3 inches from the corner of the cabinet doors furthest from the hinges. For upper cabinets, this is the lower corner; on base cabinets, this is the upper corner.
How do you choose cabinet pulls size?
Start narrowing down your choices:
- For standard-sized cabinets, 3- or 4-inch and 96- or 128-millimeter pulls are most common.
- Larger cabinets generally require larger pulls: 6 to 12 inches cc.
- The width of a drawer matters.
What size cabinet pulls should I use?
For standard size cabinetry (dimensions of 12″ – 36″) the most common pull sizes are 3”, 4”, 96mm, and 128mm center to center (from one screw hole to another).
Can you put knobs on kitchen drawers?
The location of knobs and pulls isn’t written in stone, but there are some standard practices. One good rule of thumb is to line up a knob with the top of the bottom door rail. If you’re installing door pulls, line up the bottom of the pull with the top of the door rail. Always center them on the door stile.
What are most popular kitchen cabinet pulls?
The Top Kitchen Cabinet Hardware Choices
- Stainless Steel Bar Pull (19010-SS)
- Candler Satin Nickel Rectangular Knob (29340-G10)
- Candler Satin Nickel Pull (29349-G10)
- Oil Rubbed Bronze Rope Knob (53471-ORB)
- Oil Rubbed Bronze Scroll Pull (53470-ORB)
- Conrad Bridge Satin Nickel Pull (29202-G10)
What is the best material for cabinet pulls?
With metal, you can choose cabinet pulls in nickel, pewter, chrome, stainless steel, and bronze in varying finishes, such as satin or oil-rubbed. Metal is the most popular material for cabinet and drawer pulls, although glass looks beautiful in a traditional kitchen, and crystal gives the room a vintage vibe.
Where do drawer pulls go on Shaker cabinets?
The pull should be placed in the on the center, i.e 9” from the left and right of the edge of drawer fronts. Shaker Cabinet Doors: When it comes to Shaker cabinet doors, the hardware placement is largely subjective.
How much does it cost to install cabinet hardware?
Hardware installation costs depend on a number of factors including cabinet condition, the type of cabinetry, the nature of the project and your location. On average, a simple job such as installing cabinet pulls will cost between $100-$300.
Where do you put cup pulls on drawers?
In this case, you’ll still need to find the center of the drawer and then you’ll install each cup pull halfway between the center of the drawer and the edge of the drawer. For Cabinet Doors: You won’t be centering the pulls for cabinet doors. Instead, it will be installed on the side of the door opposite its hinges.