How to Repair a Burnt Countertop
- Wipe off your countertop with a mild dish soap detergent and a damp cloth.
- Apply some white toothpaste on the burn marks.
- Wipe your counter with a cloth and water.
- Sprinkle a strong powdered cleanser on the burn marks if they are still there.
How do you fix a burnt granite countertop?
How to Remove Burn Marks From Granite Countertops
- Pour enough flour in the a bowl to completely cover the burned area.
- Pour in some hydrogen peroxide, stirring it with a plastic scraper, until the mixture has the consistency of a creamy peanut butter.
- Spread the paste over the burn mark with the plastic scraper.
How do you get burn marks out of Formica?
How to Remove Burn Marks on Your Formica Countertop
- Clean with a sponge and liquid cleaner any dirt from the countertop to make sure you can see all of the burn mark.
- Mix plain, non-abrasive toothpaste with baking soda until you have a thick paste.
- Spread some of the paste onto the burn mark with a soft toothbrush.
How do you get burn marks out of quartz countertops?
To remove stubborn stains, use a paste of baking soda and water and rub in with a soft cloth. Your quartz countertops are heat resistant, but again, not heat proof. To maintain their beauty, never place hot items directly on the surface.