The Best Way to Cut a Countertop Without Chipping It
- Lay masking tape around the general area where the hole needs to be cut in the countertop.
- Mark the location where you plan to cut the countertop with a pencil over the masking tape.
- Measure a diagonal line inward from each corner of where you intend to cut the countertop.
- 1 Can I use a jigsaw to cut laminate countertop?
- 2 How do you cut laminate countertops?
- 3 How do you cut a countertop for a kitchen sink?
- 4 What is the best way to cut countertop?
- 5 What is the best tool for cutting worktops?
- 6 What saw to use to cut laminate countertop?
- 7 What jigsaw blade to cut kitchen worktop?
- 8 How do you cut laminate with a jigsaw?
Can I use a jigsaw to cut laminate countertop?
Making Straight Cuts in Laminate Countertops
You can also use a jigsaw with a fine-tooth blade. In this case, you’re cutting from the bottom side of the countertop, using a standard up-cutting blade; you use a down-cutting blade for sink cutouts (see below).
How do you cut laminate countertops?
To cut through laminate countertops, you can use a hand saw, but a circular saw makes the job much quicker. Because a circular saw can produce jagged edges and chip the laminate, your best bet is to lay the laminate face-side down and cut from the back to the front.
How do you cut a countertop for a kitchen sink?
Cutting a Hole in a Countertop for the Sink
- Drill two starter holes in opposite corners just inside the cutting line. Use a 3/4-inch spade bit and drill through the laminate and substrate.
- Place the blade of the jigsaw in the starter hole and line up the blade exactly on the cutting line.
- Cut slowly along the line.
What is the best way to cut countertop?
What is the best tool for cutting worktops?
The best tool for the job, which is almost impossible to do without, is a circular saw. As long as the blade is suitable for fine cuts and sharp then it shall cut through laminated chipboard or hardwood kitchen worktops like a hot knife through butter.
What saw to use to cut laminate countertop?
Because laminate countertop is a relatively soft material, a normal circular saw blade for cutting wood is capable of cutting through it with ease. According to WoodworkingTips.com, your absolute best bet is a fine-toothed blade, such as one used for cutting plywood.
What jigsaw blade to cut kitchen worktop?
That’s because the Bosch T101BR jigsaw blade was chosen for this cut. This blade cuts on the downstroke, not on the upstroke, the “R” in the product code referring to its “reversed” teeth. It’s a popular blade often referred to as a worktop blade, it’s ideal for cutting out sink openings, for example, in worktops.
How do you cut laminate with a jigsaw?
The jigsaw will be much slower than a circular saw or miter saw though so keep this in mind and it will usually burn through a good amount of blades. you will want to use either a medium or fine toothed jigsaw blade to cut the laminate flooring, making sure the exposed side is up while you are cutting.