- Step 1: Attach First Row.
- Step 2: Build Side Panels.
- Step 3: Cut and Install Range Hood Side Panels.
- Step 4: Assemble and Install Range Hood Interior Face Frame.
- Step 5: Assemble Range Hood Front.
- Step 6: Cut and Install Range Hood Front Panel.
- Step 7: Install the Vent Fan.
Do you have to have a vent hood over a stove?
Most residential building codes do not require a range hood above a stove or cook top, but you’d be wise to ensure your locale is not the exception. Even if it’s not legally required, you should think long and hard before forgoing a hood altogether.
What is a range hood liner?
A “Liner” is a range hood that is mounted inside and “lines” a decorative hood that you create out of wood, plaster, tile, or metal.