Flagstones or field stones provide the simplest method of hiding a pond liner. Simply create a flat shelf of soil about 8 to 12 inches below the intended surface of the pond, then install the liner over it. You can stack flat stones on the shelf to hide the liner and keep it in place.
- 1 What is the best way to hide a pond liner?
- 2 How do you hide a waterfall liner?
- 3 How do you hide the edge of a pond?
- 4 Can you bury a pond liner?
- 5 How can I make my pond edge look natural?
- 6 Can you use carpet underlay for pond?
- 7 How do you place rocks for a waterfall?
- 8 How do you cover plastic in a pond?
What is the best way to hide a pond liner?
So how do you hide the pond liner and create a natural looking pond? One of the easiest ways to hide the liner is to create a small shelf around the entire edge of the pond and place a layer of square or rectangle shaped rocks around the shelf to hold the liner in place.
How do you hide a waterfall liner?
Simple measures both hide the liner and provide an additional aesthetic element.
- Spread an inch layer of sand or gravel over the parts of the liner that are flat enough to hold it.
- Layer decorative rocks over the liner.
- Place a manmade but natural looking substance made for covering liners.
How do you hide the edge of a pond?
Rocks and pebbles are the most common choices for pond edgings. Small rocks that are smooth and pebbles are great at concealing the presence of the liner. And big rocks can be used as a waterfall.
Can you bury a pond liner?
move them out of the area. You can choose to haul the liner out (probably easiest to cut it out in sections) or fold it in and bury it. If you plan to plant trees/shrubs in the same area you will have to remove the liner otherwise it will create problems with root growth.
How can I make my pond edge look natural?
Use play sand or well washed gravel to create the beached sloping edge into your pond. Old logs offer a great form of cover and protection to wildlife so add a few around your pond. Add water snails to keep your pond water relatively clean.
Can you use carpet underlay for pond?
Carpet is sometimes suggested as a pond liner underlay and you might get away with this – just ensure that the carpet is a man-made fibre such as polypropylene as a natural fabric such as wool will rot over time reducing it’s effectiveness as a barrier and leaving the pond liner exposed to danger.
How do you place rocks for a waterfall?
How to Lay Rocks in a Waterfall
- Lay out pond liner on the bank where you intend to place the waterfall.
- Set the bottom spillway rock in place first.
- Place a small layer of staggered rocks on top of the bottom spillway rock.
- Set the middle spillway rock on top of the support stones.
How do you cover plastic in a pond?
Bricks, Pavers, Flat Slate or Hewn Rock The flat surfaces of brick, pavers, slate and cut rock slabs makes them easy to fit together to form a low border to cover the pond’s edge. They may fit naturally on the soil or can be placed on a base of sand to keep the bottom layer level.