They’re also desired by home-buyers because of their durability, light-filtering capabilities and energy efficiency. In some instances, they may even boost your home’s resale value. So, we can confidently say, plantation shutters are still in style. And they’ll remain in style for years to come.
- 1 Are plantation shutters out of style 2021?
- 2 Do plantation shutters work in a modern home?
- 3 Are plantation shutters timeless?
- 4 Is plantation shutters worth the money?
- 5 Do plantation shutters add value to a home?
- 6 Do you need curtains with plantation shutters?
- 7 Do plantation shutters go with modern farmhouse?
- 8 When should I use plantation shutters?
- 9 When should you not use shutters?
- 10 Why are shutters so expensive?
- 11 What are the disadvantages of plantation shutters?
- 12 Do plantation shutters make a room look darker?
- 13 Are plantation shutters hard to clean?
Are plantation shutters out of style 2021?
When looking at the trend chart, it appears “plantation shutters” as a search term online is trending slightly downward, but that was a few years ago after reaching it’s most popular era. It’s flat-lined for now which means while it’s not trending upward, it’s sufficiently popular so as to not be “out of style ”.
Do plantation shutters work in a modern home?
Plantation shutters tend to come in white, and fit perfectly within your window frame. Because of their understated beauty, plantation shutters are particularly popular within modern homes that emphasize clean lines and simplicity. They’re subtle, but they can still make a statement.
Are plantation shutters timeless?
Plantation shutters are a timeless design that will never go out of style. Exquisitely crafted and meant to last, they come in a variety of options like real hardwood and composite faux wood to match your refined taste.
Is plantation shutters worth the money?
Whether you’re looking to increase the value of your home or save on energy costs, plantation shutters have something to offer. Overall, plantation shutters are worth the investment. Plantation shutters are durable, long-lasting, and practical.
Do plantation shutters add value to a home?
High-End Window Treatments Like Polywood Plantation Shutters They are a permanent addition to your home and increase its resale value. Plantation shutters are not only durable, but also energy efficient, which means potential home buyers will spend less money on utilities.
Do you need curtains with plantation shutters?
Plantation shutters are a complete window treatment all on their own, providing style and function. You don’t have to worry about blackout curtains or any other type of fabric when you install plantation shutters. Instead, you control the louvers (horizontal slats) using a tilt rod.
Do plantation shutters go with modern farmhouse?
This means your window treatments should be held to the same standard! Plantation shutters are a perfect match with farmhouse decor. You even have the option to add a distressed look or stay with a more natural wood color.
When should I use plantation shutters?
The benefits of plantation shutters
- Great for shielding a home against heat in summer, and insulate during winter.
- Provide privacy and an extra layer of security.
- Great for room ventilation.
- Can be adjusted to allow in more or less light.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- Simple yet classic design that doesn’t age.
When should you not use shutters?
You should not add shutters to the following:
- Double mulled windows.
- Windows that are winder than they are tall.
- Bay windows.
- One side of a window, leaving the opposite side unshuttered.
- Windows that are so close, an open shutter would obscure part of the adjoining window.
Why are shutters so expensive?
Why are plantation shutters expensive? Plantation shutters cost more because they are a long-lasting window treatment. Their materials are often pricier than those used for blinds and curtains. They take much longer to install as well.
What are the disadvantages of plantation shutters?
- HIGHER PRICE POINT. I’d say the con that most often deters clients from choosing shutters is their cost.
- NO HIDING.
- TRICKY FOR TILT-IN WINDOWS.
- FURNITURE PLACEMENT CAN INHIBIT FUNCTIONALITY.
- LEAD TIMES.
- INCREASE VALUE OF YOUR HOME.
- AESTHETIC QUALITY.
Do plantation shutters make a room look darker?
We are often asked if shutters will make rooms darker throughout the day when installed. The simple answer is that shutters can offer complete darkness, full light and anywhere in between. In fact shutters are one of the most versatile solutions for your windows when it comes to window dressings.
Are plantation shutters hard to clean?
Plantation shutters are easy to clean and do not require heavy maintenance. On a regular basis, remove dirt and dust with a vacuum. If your shutters are extra dirty, wipe them down with white vinegar to keep them clean.