First, a fraction is made up of two integers—one on the top, and one on the bottom. The top one is called the numerator, the bottom one is called the denominator, and these two numbers are separated by a line.
- 1 What is a numerator and a denominator?
- 2 What is the example of numerator and denominator?
- 3 What is denominator number?
- 4 How do we find numerator?
- 5 What is a numerator of 7?
- 6 What is the numerator in 5 12?
- 7 What is numerator and denominator of 3 7?
- 8 What is the numerator of 5 6?
- 9 How do I do long division?
What is a numerator and a denominator?
The denominator = the number of equal parts that make one whole unit. The numerator is the number of parts you are counting.
What is the example of numerator and denominator?
For example, in the fraction 5/9, the numerator is 5 and the denominator is 9, so the fraction 5/9 means 5 parts of a whole object, which is divided into 9 parts of equal size.
What is denominator number?
The denominator is the number below the horizontal line of the fraction that acts as the divisor of the numerator. It is the bottom number in a fraction that shows the total number of equal parts an object is divided into.
How do we find numerator?
The numerator is the number on top of the fraction, above the dividing line. The denominator is the number on the bottom of the fraction, below the dividing line. To find a numerator, read the number on the top of the fraction. To find a denominator, read the number on the bottom of the fraction.
What is a numerator of 7?
In the fraction 7/12, 7 is called the numerator and 12 is called the denominator. Following are some more fractions: (i) The fraction 5/7 is read as ”five-seventh” which means that 5 parts out of 7 equal parts in which the whole is divided. In the fraction 5/7, 5 is called the numerator and 7 is called the denominator.
What is the numerator in 5 12?
In order to make 512 into a decimal, you take the top number or numerator, which is 5, and take your bottom number or your denominator, which is 12, and divide 5 by 12.
What is numerator and denominator of 3 7?
Answer: 3 is the numerator and 7 is the denominator of the given fraction.. mark it as brainliest.
What is the numerator of 5 6?
Explanation: We can write 5 divided by 6 as 5/6. Here, 5 is the numerator and 6 is the denominator.
How do I do long division?
How to Do Long Division?
- Step 1: Take the first digit of the dividend.
- Step 2: Then divide it by the divisor and write the answer on top as the quotient.
- Step 3: Subtract the result from the digit and write the difference below.
- Step 4: Bring down the next number (if present).
- Step 5: Repeat the same process.