20 common weeds in Nigeria every citizen should know
- Speargrass (Imperata cylindrica)
- Siam weed (Chromolaena odorata)
- Nutgrass (Cyperus rotundus)
- Milkweed (Euphorbia heterophylla)
- Nuke-Noh (Tridax procumbens)
- Witchweed (Striga genus)
- Couchgrass (Digitaria abyssinica)
- Dayflower (Commelina benghalensis)
- 1 What are the two common weeds?
- 2 What are the most common garden weeds?
- 3 What are the major weeds?
- 4 What are the examples of weeds?
- 5 What are the common weeds and their botanical names?
- 6 What are the worst weeds?
- 7 What flowers are weeds?
- 8 How many weeds are there?
- 9 What are 5 common weeds found in lawns and gardens?
- 10 Are weeds bad?
- 11 What are these weeds in my garden?
- 12 What vegetables are weeds?
- 13 How are weeds controlled?
- 14 What are the weeds with white flowers called?
What are the two common weeds?
A weed is an unwanted plant that grows in the agricultural field and extracts the nutrients which are essential for the main crops. These plants are harmful as they are not required in the field. Two common weeds found in India are Amaranthus and Chenopodium.
What are the most common garden weeds?
30 Common Lawn Weeds and How to ID Them (Plus Free Downloadable Chart)
- Annual Sow Thistle (Sonchus oleraceus)
- Black Medic (Medicago lupulina)
- Broadleaf Plantain (Plantago major)
- Burdock (Arctium spp.)
- Canada Thistle (Cirsium arvense)
- Chickweed (Stellaria media)
- Common Groundsel (Senecio vulgaris)
What are the major weeds?
- Green Pigweed.
- Redroot Pigweed.
- Common Ragweed.
- Hedge Bindweed.
- Canada Thistle.
What are the examples of weeds?
12 Common Weeds
- Wild Onion and Garlic. These perennial weeds smell like their namesakes, and there’s no mistaking their presence when you mow over them.
- Weed Tree Saplings. Keep an eye peeled in lawns and planting beds for sapling trees.
- Garlic Mustard.
- Broad-Leaved Dock.
- Broadleaf Plantain.
What are the common weeds and their botanical names?
botanical names of weed
- Guinea grass– Panicumm maximum. Guinea grass.
- Elephant grass –Pennisetum purpureun.
- Tridax –Tridax prociimbem.
- Carpet grass– Axonopus compressus.
- Goose grass –Africana Cynodon dactylon.
- Siam weed –Eluesine indica.
- African or bush marigold –Chromoleana odorata.
- Pig weed –Aspilia Africana.
What are the worst weeds?
Dealing With the Top 5 Worst Weeds
- Yellow nutsedge.
- Ground ivy.
- White clover.
What flowers are weeds?
20 Types of Flowering Weeds
- Black Nightshades (Solanum nigrum)
- Chicory (Chicorium intybus)
- Common Evening Primrose (Oenothera biennis)
- Common Ragworts (Jacobaea vulgaris, syn)
- Common St.
- Creeping Buttercups (Ranunculus repens)
- Creeping Thistles (Cirsium arvense)
- Daisy Weeds (Bellis Perennis)
How many weeds are there?
Characteristics of weeds g) ability to occupy sites disturbed by human activities. There are approximately 250,000 species of plants worldwide; of those, about 3% or 8000 species behave as weeds.
What are 5 common weeds found in lawns and gardens?
Learn more about some common lawn weeds and how to deal with them.
- Nut Sedge.
- White Clover.
Are weeds bad?
Why Are Weeds Bad For My Lawn? When weeds invade your turf, they compete with healthy, desirable grasses for air, water, and nutrients. This results in the weakening of grass plants, making your lawn more prone to other issues, such as disease, insect infestation, and drought.
What are these weeds in my garden?
There are other noxious weeds that aren’t on this list that are also problematic, such as Johnsongrass.
- Bindweed (Convolvulus arvensis)
- Quackgrass (Elytrigia repens)
- Canada Thistle (Cirsium arvense)
- Nutsedge (Cyperus spp.)
- Buckhorn Plantain (Plantago lanceolata)
- Purslane (Portulaca oleracea)
- Crabgrass (Digitaria spp.)
What vegetables are weeds?
A List of Edible Weeds and Wild Greens
- Burdock– roots.
- Chickweed– young shoots and tender tips of shoots.
- Chicory– leaves and roots.
- Creeping Charlie– leaves, often used in teas.
- Dandelions– leaves, roots, and flowers.
- Garlic Mustard– roots and young leaves.
- Japanese Knotweed– young shoots less than 8 inches (20 cm.)
How are weeds controlled?
Weed control can be achieved through killing weeds (particularly seedlings) with cultivation, herbicides, targeted weed control in wide-row cropping, targeted control of small patches of weeds and biological control tactics.
What are the weeds with white flowers called?
White clover is a perennial weed that grows low to the ground. While it can grow in many different places, it is typically found in lawns, especially sparse lawns where the competition from grass is weak. The leaves on white clover grow in sets of 3 leaflets.