How to Decode a KIA VIN?
- K – Country (South Korea)
- N – Manufacturer (KIA)
- A – Vehicle Type (Passenger Car)
- FX4A6 – Description (FWD/4DR/Sedan/KIA Forte)
- 4 – Check Digit.
- F – Model Year (2015)
- 5 – Assembly Plant (Hwasung, South Korea)
- 339689 – Production Sequence Number.
- 1 How do I manually decode a VIN?
- 2 How do I know what model my Kia is?
- 3 What do Kia VIN numbers mean?
- 4 How do I decode a Kia Sonet VIN number?
- 5 What can you tell from a VIN number?
- 6 Can I lookup my vehicle specs by VIN number?
- 7 Where can I find my car’s VIN number?
- 8 What Kia models are being recalled?
- 9 How do you tell if my Kia is US or Korean built?
- 10 How long is a VIN number?
- 11 Which Kia’s are made in the USA?
- 12 What Colour is Kia?
- 13 How do you read the year on a VIN?
- 14 How do I find out what year model my car is?
- 15 How do I find out when my car was manufactured online?
How do I manually decode a VIN?
How to decode a VIN?
- Digits 1 through 3 combined is the WMI, (World Manufacturer Identifier).
- Digits 4 through 8 represent the vehicle descriptor section.
- Digit 9 is a check digit.
- Digits 10 through 17 is the Vehicle Identifier Section.
- The 11th digit is the manufacturer’s plant code.
How do I know what model my Kia is?
Your vehicle identification number can be found on the inside cover of your Service & Warranty manual. If not evident there, it can be found on the lower left hand side of your windscreen. The VIN is made up of 17 characters (alpha & numeric) and the 10th character determines the model year of your vehicle.
What do Kia VIN numbers mean?
Every Kia car has a unique identifier code called a VIN. This number contains vital information about the car, such as its manufacturer, year of production, the plant it was produced in, type of engine, model and more. The VIN also allows a user to get a build sheet of Kia.
How do I decode a Kia Sonet VIN number?
- The first 3 digits are the World Manufacturer Identifier (WMI): The first element refers to the location of production.
- The next 6 elements are the “descriptors”: The fourth through eighth elements refer to the model, type, various systems, and engine classification.
- The last 8 digits are the “identifier”:
What can you tell from a VIN number?
Vehicle identification numbers can reveal many things about automobiles, including their airbag type, country of origin, engine size, model year, vehicle type, trim level, and plant name. The VIN (sometimes known, redundantly, as the “VIN number”) is the key to safety.
Can I lookup my vehicle specs by VIN number?
Go to a VIN decoder website, such as AutoCheck.com, DecodeThis.com or DMV.org. You can use any of these websites to decode your VIN and reveal the meaning of each character to find vehicle specs. Enter the VIN in the search box on any of these sites, then press “Enter.”
Where can I find my car’s VIN number?
Inside the Vehicle
- On the driver’s side dashboard – stand outside the vehicle and look at the corner where the dashboard meets the windshield.
- In the driver’s side door or door jamb – the VIN is usually printed on a sticker in that location.
What Kia models are being recalled?
The recall covers certain Optima sedans from 2013 through 2015 and Sorento SUVs from 2014 and 2015. Kia says in the documents that it has customer complaints of six fires in Optimas and two in Sorentos involving “isolated melting.” One dealer reported melting in an Optima that had the previous recall fix.
How do you tell if my Kia is US or Korean built?
The first character The first character indicates the country where the vehicle was manufactured. The United States has a VIN code of 1 or 4, while countries such as Japan (J) are designated with letters.
How long is a VIN number?
A VIN is composed of 17 characters (digits and capital letters) that act as a unique identifier for the vehicle. A VIN displays the car’s unique features, specifications, and manufacturer. Prior to 1981, VINs varied in length from 11 to 17 characters.
Which Kia’s are made in the USA?
Our West Point, Georgia facility is the only Kia manufacturing plant in the United States, and the only automaker in Georgia. The plant covers 2,200 acres with a total investment of $1.8 Billion. We manufacture three models in Georgia, the Telluride CUV, Sorento CUV, and the K5 midsize sedan.
What Colour is Kia?
On all Kia models, the paint color code is on the driver side door jamb.
How do you read the year on a VIN?
The 10th character in the 17-character VIN represents the vehicle model-year. This standard applies to vehicles built in or after 1981. Before 1981, the VIN format was not standardized and varied by manufacturer.
How do I find out what year model my car is?
A vehicle’s Model Year is categorically defined by the 10th digit of the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), and simply indicates any manufacturer-specified evolution in mid-cycle of a model range – such as new engine or transmission introductions, revised trim options or any other minor specification changes.
How do I find out when my car was manufactured online?
In each VIN number, there will be one code representing the month of production and another code indicating the year of production. However, each car brand will locate the month code and year code in a different position. Check the table below to find the location of these codes in a VIN number.