If you use Google on a mobile device: 1 – Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap Settings. 2 – Tap Search Settings. 3 – Scroll down and change the “Region for Search Results” setting to United States. 4 – Tap the Save button.
- 1 How do I change my default country on Google?
- 2 How do I make Google search only for US sites?
- 3 How do I stop Google from redirecting to another country?
- 4 Why does my Google default to another country?
- 5 How do I change my Google location settings?
- 6 How do I access Google USA from abroad?
- 7 How do I change my country on Google Chrome?
- 8 How do I change my Google Chrome location to us?
- 9 How do I access Google International?
- 10 How do I block US sites from Google?
- 11 Why does my Google say United Kingdom?
- 12 How do I stop a region redirect?
How do I change my default country on Google?
Change your Google Play country
- Open the Google Play Store app.
- At the top right, tap the profile icon.
- Tap Settings General Account and device preferences. Country and profiles.
- Tap the country where you want to add an account.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to add a payment method for that country.
How do I make Google search only for US sites?
On the Custom Search home page, click the search engine you want. Click Setup, and then click the Basics tab. In the Region section, select your desired country or region from the list. (Optional) If you want to restrict search results exclusively to the selected region, switch the restrict button to ON.
How do I stop Google from redirecting to another country?
Go to www.google.com/ncr and bookmark the resulting page. The “ncr” on the end of what you typed stands for “no country redirect”. Search anything. When you are done with these steps, you won’t be redirected away from www.google.com, no matter where you are in the world.
Why does my Google default to another country?
For reasons best known to Google, the default region for localization is based on “Current Region” (i.e., your detected location), regardless of which Google country domain you visit, and regardless of whether your location has been correctly detected.
How do I change my Google location settings?
You can control if your browser is able to use location at all.
- On your Android device, open the Settings app.
- Tap Location. App permission.
- Tap on your browser app, like Chrome.
- Choose location access for the browser app: Allow or Deny.
How do I access Google USA from abroad?
They suggest the following:
- Using the country settings and changing your country of origin to USA. This will give you mixed results for the location you are in and from Google USA.
- Adding ‘ncr’ to the end of the domain (google.com/ncr) which means you won’t be redirected to a local google site, google.fr for example.
How do I change my country on Google Chrome?
Change your default location settings
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More. Settings.
- Under “Privacy and security,” click Site settings.
- Click Location.
- Choose the option you want as your default setting.
How do I change my Google Chrome location to us?
Manually change your location in Chrome Hit Esc, then click the Console menu (three dots to the left of Console in the lower portion of the screen). Select Sensors and change the Geolocation dropdown to Custom location… Enter any latitude and longitude you want.
How do I access Google International?
Amending the Google Homepage URL 1) Open a new incognito window and go to google.com/ncr and hit the enter button. You’ll notice at the bottom of the page, Google is showing you your geo-location. Meaning, despite the US URL showing, the results you get will be country-specific regardless.
How do I block US sites from Google?
On a desktop, you can find the Settings option in the bottom right corner of the screen. Next, click on the Search Settings. On the Settings page, look for the heading that says Region for Search Results. Choose the region you like from the drop-down menu and tap Save to change Google Search location.
Why does my Google say United Kingdom?
Any search from that Google Search homepage, or subsequent results pages, will default to UK results. Google’s results default to global. If you specifically want to see only UK results, search using google.co.uk with region set to United Kingdom and use the country filter to limit results to the UK.
How do I stop a region redirect?
Prevent Chrome Redirect Choose Privacy and Security from the options on the left of the screen and select Site Settings. On the screen is an option called Pop-ups and redirects, which should be set to Blocked. If it isn’t, click the option and adjust the slider to block redirects.