Towel Bars and Rings Standard towel bars should be 42 to 48 inches above the floor. Hotel-style towel racks (which incorporate towel bars and a top-shelf and usually install above the toilet) should be at least 48 inches above the floor. Towel or robe hooks should be 70 inches above the floor.
- 1 How high should I mount a towel hook?
- 2 How high should a bathroom hook be?
- 3 Do towels dry better on hooks or bars?
- 4 Where should a towel ring be placed?
- 5 Where should a hand towel be placed in a bathroom?
- 6 Are towel hooks a good idea?
- 7 Do towel hooks work?
- 8 Should I wash my towel after every use?
- 9 Where do you put wet towels after shower?
How high should I mount a towel hook?
Solved! The Perfect Height for Towel Bars and Hooks
- The standard towel bar height is 48 inches above the floor.
- Lower the height to 44 inches to accommodate those with limited mobility.
- Lower the height to 36 inches for little ones.
- Leave a four-inch clearance between towel bars and outlets or switches.
How high should a bathroom hook be?
Just one tip: While it’s generally recommended that hooks be mounted about 5 feet above the floor, keep in mind your own height, the reach of your little ones, and the length of your linens before making final placement decisions.
Do towels dry better on hooks or bars?
Towel bars are a good option if you have a lot of wall space near the tub or shower. Towel bars allow towels to dry without being bunched up, so they dry faster than towels might on a hook or ring.
Where should a towel ring be placed?
Towel rings should be installed within a few inches of the sink. To install a towel ring, aim for it to be anywhere from 50 to 52 inches off the ground. You shouldn’t brush Towels against the top of your Vanity. If you run into a problem, adjust the installation height.
Where should a hand towel be placed in a bathroom?
6 Places to Hang a Hand Towel
- Side of Vanity – Hooks or Rail. Photo by MINOSA – Browse bathroom ideas.
- Side Rail on Wall Next to Vanity. Photo by LSA Architects – Discover bathroom design inspiration.
- Hand Towel Hook.
- Hand Towel Ring/Holder.
- Draped on Vanity Bench – (No really hanging but still an option)
- Vanity Shelf.
Are towel hooks a good idea?
One of the best things about towel hooks is that they are very easy to make if you want to do a little DIY project. Hooks are also great for holding larger items such as robes. Hooks are probably the best option for robes on this list. They allow the rope to stretch out to length and get completely dry.
Do towel hooks work?
Using hooks to hang-dry towels between uses isn’t that bad (though using a towel bar is better), but you should never hang more than one per hook. Moisture and debris could get trapped among the layers, which growing bacteria and mold just love.
Should I wash my towel after every use?
How often to wash towels. The best way to prevent germs from growing on your bath towel is to let it dry completely between each use, and wash it frequently. The Cleaning Institute recommends washing bath towels after three uses. If you shower every day, that means laundry almost twice a week.
Where do you put wet towels after shower?
But as a general rule, it’s best to place them somewhere in the immediate vicinity of the sink, whether folded neatly on the counter or hung on the wall by a towel ring or towel bar.