dollop Add to list Share. A dollop is a small, indefinite amount of something. You might ask for a dollop of sour cream on your taco. English has many words for amounts of something that aren’t exact.
- 1 What is the meaning of dollop in English?
- 2 Where did the term dollop come from?
- 3 How do you use dollop in a sentence?
- 4 What part of speech is dollop?
- 5 How much is considered a dollop?
- 6 What is Dolloping in agriculture?
- 7 What is a dollop of butter?
- 8 What is the meaning of Lad led?
- 9 What are the synonyms and antonyms of dollop?
- 10 How much is a dollop in chowder?
- 11 How do you spell Dallop?
- 12 Can you have a dollop of liquid?
What is the meaning of dollop in English?
(Entry 1 of 2) 1 chiefly British: an indefinite often large quantity especially of something liquid. 2: a lump or glob of something soft or mushy top it with a dollop of jam. 3: an amount given, spooned, or ladled out: portion hold out their mess tins for a dollop of gruel— Robert Craft.
Where did the term dollop come from?
For those who are curious about the origin of the word “dollop”, it appears in English around the 1570s, from East Anglian dialectal dallop (“patch, tuft, or clump of grass”), which is of uncertain origin. The modern sense of “a lump or glob” dates from 1812. It may be cognate with Norwegian dolp (“lump”).
How do you use dollop in a sentence?
1. A dollop of romance now and then is good for everybody. 2. I added a dollop of vanilla ice-cream to the pie.
What part of speech is dollop?
DOLLOP ( noun ) definition and synonyms | Macmillan Dictionary.
How much is considered a dollop?
A dollop is a small, indefinite amount of something. You might ask for a dollop of sour cream on your taco. English has many words for amounts of something that aren’t exact. For example, a load is a lot of something, but a dollop is a little.
What is Dolloping in agriculture?
1. dollop – a small measure (usually of food) small indefinite amount, small indefinite quantity – an indefinite quantity that is below average size or magnitude.
What is a dollop of butter?
Butter dollops are delicious mounds of frozen butter, pre-portioned and ready to insert into your pre-packaged meals. Butter dollops are available in portion sizes from 0.3 ounces to 1.1 ounces, depending on your specific requirements.
What is the meaning of Lad led?
/ˈleɪ.dəl/ (also ladle out) to put soup or other liquid food into bowls to give to people, using a ladle. Providing & serving meals. cakeage.
What are the synonyms and antonyms of dollop?
Synonyms & Antonyms of dollop (out)
- dish out,
- divvy (up),
How much is a dollop in chowder?
Mung Daal with 85 dollops. A dollop is a Marzipanian currency that parodies the real world dollar. Its value is that of 100 sments.
How do you spell Dallop?
Dallop | Definition of Dallop by Merriam-Webster.
Can you have a dollop of liquid?
A small quantity of liquid; splash, jigger, dash, etc. A measure or amount. A dollop of wit. A lump, scoop or considerable quantity of something.