Kitchen Essentials: Perishables
- Milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- Fresh fruit.
- Fresh vegetables.
- Deli meats.
What you should always have in your kitchen?
10 Healthy Food Staples You Should Always Have In Your Kitchen
- Leafy greens. They are loaded with nutrients like vitamins, fiber, antioxidants and minerals (eg: iron and calcium).
- Fish. It’s chock full of protein, Vitamin D and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Bone Broth.
- Greek Yogurt.
What should be in a well stocked pantry?
The Well Stocked Pantry
- Refrigerator Basics. * Low-fat milk or soymilk.
- Freezer Basics. * Fruit-juice concentrates (orange, apple, pineapple)
- Oils, Vinegars & Condiments. * Extra-virgin olive oil for cooking and salad dressings.
- Flavorings. * Kosher salt, coarse sea salt, fine salt.
- Canned Goods & Bottled Items.
- Grains & Legumes.
What should I buy for my first kitchen?
9 Kitchen Essentials for Your First Apartment
- Coffee Maker. Oh, yes – first things first.
- Knives. Forget the block sets.
- Dishes + Glasses. Keep it simple and keep it classic.
- Silverware. You’re on a budget, we get it – but you have standards.
- Toaster Oven. Skip the toaster – it does one thing, toast bread.
- Pots + Pans.
- Cutting Board.
- Cooking Utensils + Measuring Cups.