How to Disassemble a Moen Kitchen Faucet
- Locate the setscrew in the handle.
- Pry off the cap on top of the handle with a screwdriver to expose the screw, if necessary.
- Unscrew the set screw in the handle.
- Lift off the handle, exposing a round stainless cartridge collar with an indent that points up.
- Remove this cartridge collar by pulling up on it manually.
Why is my Moen kitchen faucet leaking?
Water Leaking Due to Worn O- Ring
There are generally two causes of water leaking from your Moen faucet. Because pull-out spray faucets have a single handle, the most common cause of the water leaking is the O-ring. To replace the O-ring, turn off the water to the faucet from below the counter.
How do you remove a Moen faucet handle?
Some Moen faucets have handles that remove by loosening the screw in the back of the handle. To loosen this screw use a 3/32″ hex wrench. After the handle has been removed unscrew the spout collar nut by turning counterclockwise then lift and rotate the spout.
How do I find my Moen faucet model number?
The model/series number is usually a four or five digit number beginning with “7” or “8” and may be followed by letters. The series number may sometimes be found on the underside of the spout. The series number is often found on the back of the decorative ring located at the bottom of the spout.