If you want professional-style results, it’s imperative to prime the boxes, door fronts and drawers before you begin painting.
Once your primer has dried, use an angled brush and a mini foam roller to apply your paint.
A latex satin finish works well on kitchen cabinets and it isn’t as hard to work with as oil paint.
What kind of paint do you use to paint kitchen cabinets?
7 Best Cabinet Paint Brands for a Flawless Finish
- Farrow & Ball Full Gloss Paint.
- Benjamin Moore Advance Interior Satin Paint.
- Fine Paints of Europe Eurolux Acrylic Paint.
- Valspar Cabinet Enamel Semi-Gloss Latex Interior Paint.
- Rust-Oleum Cabinet Transformations System.
- Behr Alkyd Semi-Gloss Enamel Paint.
- Insl-X Cabinet Coat.
Can I paint kitchen cabinets without sanding?
Yes, it is possible to paint cabinets without sanding. If you prep with the right products, you can save yourself the hassle with these tips! The kitchen, Saturday morning: Complete with dirty dishes in the sink.
Should I paint my own cabinets?
Paint doesn’t adhere to the finished surface as easily and will often peel off or chip. To prevent chipping of most paints, the engineered wood cabinets will most likely need light sanding and priming before painting. So if you don’t have solid wood cabinets, don’t give up hope!