Measure the width of each wall.
To see how much horizontal space your cabinets can take up, measure the width of each wall from corner to corner and record the numbers on your blueprint.
Take your measurements from 36 in (91 cm) up, or the height most cabinet countertops sit at.
- 1 How do I measure for replacement cabinets?
- 2 How do you measure linear feet for kitchen cabinets?
- 3 How do you measure for kitchen cabinet doors?
- 4 What are standard cabinet sizes?
- 5 What size sink fits in a 24 inch cabinet?
- 6 What is the standard size for cabinets?
- 7 What is the normal height for upper kitchen cabinets?
- 8 What size are standard kitchen cabinet doors?
How do I measure for replacement cabinets?
How To Measure Your Kitchen For Cabinets by CliqStudios.com
How do you measure linear feet for kitchen cabinets?
Measure from one corner where the cabinet begins to the other side where the cabinet terminates. Linear measurements are typically taken along the wall. Write the measurement down on the sketch in inches. If cabinets are fastened together, measure the accumulative length, corner to corner.
How do you measure for kitchen cabinet doors?
To properly measure for an inset cabinet door (doors that fit inside the cabinet frame), measure the opening as instructed above and then subtract 1/8″ from both the width and height of the frame to make sure the doors have the proper gap.
What are standard cabinet sizes?
Typical Kitchen Cabinet Dimensions
- Base cabinets – typically 24″ deep (also 12″, 15″, 18″) and 34 1/2″ tall (countertops add 1 1/2″ to make the finished height 36″).
- Upper/Wall cabinets – mostly 12″ deep (also 15″, 18″, 24″) and 12″, 15″, 18″, 24″, 30 ” (typical), 36″, 42″ tall.
What size sink fits in a 24 inch cabinet?
The most common sink sizes are 24, 30, and 33 inches. Smaller homes and condos will likely go with the 24-inch size, small yet functional enough to wash pots and pans. Common 24-inch sink shapes are a square and D-bowl. Sinks 24 inches wide must sit in at least a 27-inch sink base cabinet.
What is the standard size for cabinets?
Standard wall cabinet depth is 12 inches for manufacturers working in inches and 30cm for manufacturers working in metric measurements. Standard wall cabinet widths mirror the widths available for base cabinets ie 12, 15, 18, 24, 30, 36 inches and 30, 40, 50, 60, 80cm. These can vary by manufacturer.
What is the normal height for upper kitchen cabinets?
The reason for this is that 18 inches of clearance between base cabinets and uppers are regarded as the optimal working space, and with base cabinets generally 36 inches high (with countertop included) and 24 inches deep, upper cabinets beginning at 54 inches provides the desired 18-inch clearance.
What size are standard kitchen cabinet doors?
Most cabinet doors open up to a maximum of 60 cm – including dishwasher doors. Oven doors can be a bit less – normally around 50 cm.