A set of three pendant lights should be just as high up, spaced apart evenly, and be at least six inches from the edge of the island.
Linear suspension lights work well in the kitchen especially if you have higher ceilings and can hang one at least 40” above your countertop.
How do you install pendant lights?
How to Install a Pendant Light Fixture
- Step 1: Remove the Existing Fixture. Most ceiling lights and chandeliers are mounted in the same way and are easy to replace with a pendant.
- Step 2: Mount the Pendant Light.
- Step 3: Make Electrical Connections.
- Step 4: Finish the Installation.
How do you replace a kitchen light fixture?
How to Replace a Ceiling Light Fixture
- Turn off the power.
- Remove the light bulb cover and bulbs from the fixture.
- Unscrew the screws or nuts holding the fixture base to the ceiling box.
- Lower the fixture base and remove the electrical tape or wire nuts from the black (hot) wire, white (neutral) wire, and, if present, green (ground) wire.
How do you install a ceiling light?
Modern Ceiling Lights (how to install) — by Home Repair Tutor