The diverter inside your kitchen faucet redirects the water from the faucet spout to your faucet sprayer when you press the sprayer trigger.
When you squeeze the trigger, the water pressure drops to engage the diverter.
This stops the water flow at the spout and moves it to the sprayer.
- 1 How do you remove a diverter from a Moen kitchen faucet?
- 2 Why is my kitchen faucet not working?
- 3 How do you clean a diverter valve?
- 4 How do you replace a diverter valve?
- 5 How does a faucet diverter work?
- 6 How do you change a Moen diverter valve?
- 7 How do you remove an old kitchen faucet?
- 8 How do you remove a stuck faucet nut?
How do you remove a diverter from a Moen kitchen faucet?
Removing a Collar Diverter From a Moen Kitchen Faucet
- Locate the cap covering the set screw that holds the handle.
- Remove the set screw with a hex wrench.
- Lift off the handle.
- Unscrew the Phillips screw holding the temperature limiter and lift it off the valve housing.
Why is my kitchen faucet not working?
If they are — and the faucet still isn’t working — turn them off, disconnect the supply hoses from the faucet and point them into a bucket. If you get a strong flow when you turn on the valves, then the fault is in the faucet. If there’s no flow, there could be a problem in the pipes or at the water source.
How do you clean a diverter valve?
Unscrew the stem from the diverter valve’s retaining nut with your hand and clean sediment buildup from the diverter valve parts by dipping them in vinegar to loosen the buildup, then brushing with a wire brush. Clean all parts thoroughly.
How do you replace a diverter valve?
Diverter Valve on a Three-Valve Shower
- Loosen the screw on the handle.
- Unscrew and remove the handle.
- Remove the sleeve over the diverter.
- Remove the diverter using a socket wrench.
- Unscrew the set screw.
- Unscrew spigot from the wall.
How does a faucet diverter work?
The working end of the sprayer is contained in the faucet stem. Hot and cold water goes through the faucet controls into the spout from underneath. Inside the base of a spout that shares a water supply with a sprayer is a plastic fitting with a metal insert and a plastic collar called a “diverter.”
How do you change a Moen diverter valve?
How do you remove an old kitchen faucet?
How do you remove a stuck faucet nut?
You should tap the fixture sharply with a hard rubber mallet if it doesn’t turn. Place a center punch on your fixture and tap it with a hammer if you don’t have a hard rubber mallet. To loosen your faucet, you should put a wrench on its nut and strike it with a hammer.