Home Depot: How To Revive Old Kitchen Cabinetry (English
How do you refinish wood cabinets?
How to Refinish Kitchen Cabinets
- Step 2: Clean and dry your cabinets.
- Step 3: Prime your cabinets.
- Step 4: Paint and let dry.
- Step 5: Replace Hinges and Pulls.
- Step 6: Drill pilot holes.
- Step 3: Install hinges.
- Step 8: Reattach Cabinet Doors.
What is the difference between cabinet refacing and refinishing?
Cabinet refinishing involves removing the existing cabinet doors and drawer faces, sanding or stripping off the old finish, and applying a new paint or stain to the doors, drawer faces, and cabinets. As a result, cabinet refinishing or refacing are more affordable, quicker, and less disruptive than replacing cabinets.
How much does it cost to refinish kitchen cabinets?
The average cost of a professional cabinet refinishing is between $1,800 and $2,200 nationwide, but most homeowners will pay around $2,000. When you hire a pro to refinish your bathroom or kitchen cabinets, that price includes labor, materials like stain and top coat and minor repairs.
What can you do with old kitchen cabinets?
10 Ways to Spruce Up Tired Kitchen Cabinets
- Add Storage With Kitchen Cabinets. Add Storage With Kitchen Cabinets.
- Paint Kitchen Cabinets. Paint Kitchen Cabinets.
- Reface Kitchen Cabinets.
- Install a Pull-Out Cabinet Shelf.
- Put in Undercabinet Lighting.
- Build a Butcher Block Island.
- Build a Sideboard.
- Build a Window Seat.