The Service Catalogue is the only part of the Service Portfolio published to Customers, and is used to support the sale and delivery of IT Services. The Service Catalogue includes information about deliverables, prices, contact points, ordering and request processes.
- 1 What is a basic component of a service catalog?
- 2 What is the purpose of a service catalog?
- 3 What is a business Service Catalogue?
- 4 How do you structure a Service Catalogue?
- 5 What are the attributes in Service Catalogue?
- 6 What is the best description of a service catalog?
- 7 What is service Catalogue ITSM?
- 8 How do you maintain a Service Catalog?
- 9 What is an HR Service Catalogue?
- 10 What are the two types of service catalogs?
- 11 What is the difference between service portfolio and service catalog?
- 12 What is a service Catalogue template?
- 13 What are the three steps to create a service catalog request workflow and make it available to others?
- 14 What is Item designer in ServiceNow?
What is a basic component of a service catalog?
Service catalog composition A name or identification label for the service. A description of the service. A service categorization or type that allows it to be grouped with other similar services. Related service request types. Any supporting or underpinning services.
What is the purpose of a service catalog?
The purpose of Service Catalog Management is to provide and maintain a single source of consistent information on all operational services and to ensure that it is widely available to those who are authorized to access it.
What is a business Service Catalogue?
The business service catalog is the service catalog view that is shared with users and customers. User information, such as requesting and provisioning of services. Customer information, such as service descriptions, service levels, and financial costs.
How do you structure a Service Catalogue?
Here they are:
- Step 1: Identify Stakeholders.
- Step 2: Define Lines of Service.
- Step 3: Create a Service Catalog Template.
- Step 4: Define and Categorize Services.
- Step 5: Publish to Staff and Customers.
- Step 6: Integrate the Process and Practice CSI.
What are the attributes in Service Catalogue?
Attributes of a Service Catalogue
- Constitutive – what IT does and does not, and on what terms.
- Actionable – provides the means by which IT and its customers coordinate and conduct business.
- Governing – conditions and controls defined in the Service Catalogue are integrated into the service delivery processes.
What is the best description of a service catalog?
ITIL v3 defines a Service Catalog as: A database or structured document with information about all live IT Services, including those available for deployment. The Service Catalogue is the only part of the Service Portfolio published to customers, and is used to support the sale and delivery of IT Services.
What is service Catalogue ITSM?
An IT service catalog is the single source of accurate information on all IT services offered by an organization’s IT department. ITIL defines a service catalog as a centralized database of accurate information about active IT service offerings, and a subset of the IT service provider’s service portfolio.
How do you maintain a Service Catalog?
Stages of maintaining the Service Catalog
- Service Catalog Contents. The Service Catalog Contents tab enables you to specify which of the CIs in your system are to be made available through the Service Catalog.
- Business or Technical.
- Request Mode.
- Catalog Hierarchy.
What is an HR Service Catalogue?
The HR service catalog provides employees a catalog of HR services that they can request directly from HR, such as to add beneficiaries to a benefits plan, request a travel visa, or inquire about a discrepancy in their paycheck.
What are the two types of service catalogs?
If you are in the process of implementing ITIL or a service catalog at your organization, you might notice that ITIL defines two types of catalogs for IT services. Business service catalogs (BSCs) and technical service catalogs (TSCs) work in unison but play completely different roles within the organization.
What is the difference between service portfolio and service catalog?
Service catalogs are covered in the Service Catalog Management practices under Service Management practices. Service Portfolios are covered inside the Portfolio Management activity under General Management practices.
What is a service Catalogue template?
A Service Catalog Template is a deliverable that is comprised of related Work Units and available to Customers from the Service Catalog in the Customer Portal. This allows you easily manage the Tasks required to fulfill common Service Requests.
What are the three steps to create a service catalog request workflow and make it available to others?
Creating a workflow involves the following processes:
- Create a workflow to process the catalog item.
- Define the workflow activities to process the catalog item.
- Publish the catalog item workflow.
- Create or edit a catalog item to call the catalog item workflow.
What is Item designer in ServiceNow?
Users with the catalog_manager role use the catalog item designer to manage their categories, assign editors to those categories, and create, modify, and publish catalog items. Installed with catalog item designer. The catalog item designer adds or modifies tables, user roles, script includes, and other components.