List of rivers by discharge
- 1 What are the 10 largest rivers in the world by volume?
- 2 What is the second largest river volume?
- 3 What river has the most water in the world?
- 4 What is the largest river by volume in the world?
- 5 What is the largest river in the world in terms of the volume of flow?
- 6 Which river has the largest volume of water in Africa?
- 7 Is the Nile river the largest river in the world?
- 8 What is the cleanest river in the world?
- 9 What is the most powerful river in the world?
- 10 What is widest river in the world?
What are the 10 largest rivers in the world by volume?
LIST OF TOP TEN MOST BIGGEST & LARGEST RIVERS IN THE WORLD
- YANGTZE RIVER.
- YELLOW RIVER.
- OB RIVER.
- PARANA RIVER.
- CONGO RIVER.
- AMUR RIVER. The 10th largest river in the world is Amur River, which is 2763 miles long.
What is the second largest river volume?
The second highest river in the world by volume, the Congo flows for 2,900 miles (4,700 km) through a large section of western and central Africa – rising in north-eastern Zambia and discharging into the Atlantic Ocean.
What river has the most water in the world?
The Nile is estimated to be between 5,499 kilometers (3,437 miles) and 6,690 kilometers (4,180 miles) long. There is no debate, however, that the Amazon carries more water than any other river on Earth. Approximately one-fifth of all the freshwater entering the oceans comes from the Amazon.
What is the largest river by volume in the world?
The Amazon is considered the world’s largest river by volume, but scientists have believed it is slightly shorter than Africa’s Nile. The Brazilian scientists’ 14-day expedition extended the Amazon’s length by about 176 miles (284 kilometers), making it 65 miles (105 kilometers) longer than the Nile.
What is the largest river in the world in terms of the volume of flow?
The Amazon River is 3,980 miles (6,400 kilometers) long, according to the U.S. National Park Service. It is, however, the world’s largest river by volume and contains 20 percent of the Earth’s fresh water, according to the National Science Foundation.
Which river has the largest volume of water in Africa?
The Congo River in Central Africa is one of the world’s great rivers, carrying 1.25 million cubic feet of water—more than 13 Olympic-sized swimming pools—into the Atlantic Ocean every second. That’s more flow than any other river in the world that’s not the Amazon.
Is the Nile river the largest river in the world?
Nile River, Arabic Baḥr Al-Nīl or Nahr Al-Nīl, the longest river in the world, called the father of African rivers. It rises south of the Equator and flows northward through northeastern Africa to drain into the Mediterranean Sea.
What is the cleanest river in the world?
The Cleanest Rivers In The World – The Thames River (London) Surprisingly, securing the top spot for the cleanest river in the world, one of London’s pride and joy is the neat elegance of the Thames River.
What is the most powerful river in the world?
Amazon River – The Most Powerful River on Earth
- The Amazon, a river in the north of South America, is the richest river in water on earth.
- The Amazon basin contains the world’s largest rainforest area at one stretch.
- The Amazon River, or rather its estuary, was first explored by European settlers around 1500.
What is widest river in the world?
The Amazon River is a heck of a big tributary. Besides being one of the LONGEST rivers in the world, it also happens to be the WIDEST. While its estimated length of 4,000 miles (6,400 kilometers) puts it under the Nile River, that statistic could be amended as some believe it’s even longer than that.