Most Rinnai water heaters have better than average ratings and many have excellent ratings. The general consensus among consumers is that this is a trustworthy, high-quality brand. One thing many consumers appreciate is that almost all the models are available as both indoor and outdoor heaters.
- 1 What brand of tankless water heater is the most reliable?
- 2 How long do Rinnai tankless water heaters last?
- 3 What is the downside of a tankless water heater?
- 4 Which one tankless water heater is the best?
- 5 Who makes Rinnai water heaters?
- 6 How often should I flush my tankless water heater?
- 7 Should I turn off tankless water heater if water is off?
- 8 What size Rinnai do I need?
- 9 Do tankless water heaters need maintenance?
- 10 Why is tankless water heater installation so expensive?
- 11 How much does it cost to install a tankless water heater?
- 12 How big should a tankless water heater be?
- 13 What is the highest gpm tankless water heater?
- 14 How long will a tankless water heater last?
What brand of tankless water heater is the most reliable?
Plus, don’t miss our roundup of top-favorite picks below!
- BEST OVERALL: Rinnai RU160eN.
- RUNNER UP: Rheem 240V Tankless Water Heater.
- BEST ELECTRIC: Stiebel Eltron Tankless Heater – Tempra 36 Plus.
- BEST PORTABLE: Hike Crew Portable Propane Water Heater.
- BEST POINT OF USE: ECOTOUCH Tankless Water Heater.
How long do Rinnai tankless water heaters last?
The life expectancy (or useful lifespan) of a Rinnai tankless water heater is up to 20 years. Actual life is impacted by water quality, usage and proper maintenance. For comparison, a tankless water heater lasts about twice as long as a tank water heater, making them a better value in the long run.
What is the downside of a tankless water heater?
The main disadvantage of tankless water heaters is their upfront cost (unit and installation) is significantly higher than tank-style heaters. Including installation, tankless water heaters cost 3 times more than tank-style water heaters on average. they cannot provide hot water during a power outage.
Which one tankless water heater is the best?
Best tankless water heaters
- Best overall: Rinnai RUR160iN Water Heater. Courtesy of Amazon.
- Editor’s pick: Rinnai RU130iN. Courtesy of Amazon.
- Best for low prices: EcoSmart Eco 18 Electric Tankless Water Heater. Courtesy of Amazon.
- Best electric tankless water heater: Rheem RTEX-24.
- Best point-of-use heater: Bosch Tronic 3000.
Who makes Rinnai water heaters?
Rinnai Corporation is a Japanese multinational company based in Nagoya, Japan, that manufactures gas appliances, including energy-efficient tankless water heaters, home heating appliances, kitchen appliances, gas clothes dryers and commercial-use equipment such as rice cookers, grillers, fryers and salamanders.
How often should I flush my tankless water heater?
Just like a tank unit, tankless water heaters need to be flushed once per year. Homeowners with hard water should consider flushing and cleaning the unit even more frequently, perhaps every six to nine months because of the excess amounts of magnesium and calcium found in hard water supplies.
Should I turn off tankless water heater if water is off?
Tankless and point-of-use water heaters do not need to be shut off in any case to a water shutoff, as they do not run heating elements continuously or hold water in a storage tank.
What size Rinnai do I need?
Multiply the square footage by the BTU per square foot to arrive at the total BTU rating you’ll need from your Rinnai heater. All Rinnai heaters are rated for a particular number of BTU, ranging from 8,000 up to 40,000 or more, giving you a lot of flexibility in the model you can buy.
Do tankless water heaters need maintenance?
Tankless water heater maintenance is a must and should be done at least once a year. Also commonly referred to as an on-demand water heater, the tankless water heater may need maintenance every six months if your water heater is set to a high temperature or if you have hard water.
Why is tankless water heater installation so expensive?
Installation is expensive because the unit needs a bigger gas supply than a conventional water heater does, and it needs to run its own exhaust flue to the exterior. Installation costs can vary widely, depending on the location of the flue and the gas supply. The unit itself costs between $800 and $1,000.
How much does it cost to install a tankless water heater?
The gas tankless water heater installation cost would be in the $1200 to $3000 range if switching from electric to gas.
How big should a tankless water heater be?
Tankless heaters can deliver anywhere from 2 GPM to 12 GPM of hot water. The 5-10 GPM ones are most appropriate for the majority of households. Note: For low water needs up to 8 GPM, the electric tankless hot water heaters are appropriate.
What is the highest gpm tankless water heater?
The 11 GPM Rinnai RU199iN Sensei Super, for example, is the most powerful residential gas tankless water heater. It can deliver up to 199,000 BTU heating capability; this is the absolute maximum for a residential hot water heater (200,000 BTU is the limit).
How long will a tankless water heater last?
Most tankless water heaters have a life expectancy of more than 20 years. They also have easily replaceable parts that may extend their life by many more years. In contrast, storage water heaters last 10–15 years.