14 Cozy Balcony Ideas and Decor Inspiration
- Add a Small Table. All you need to enjoy your morning coffee on your balcony is a café table and a chair.
- Install Built-In Seating.
- Bring in Greenery.
- Opt for Floor Pillows.
- Add Pattern with an Outdoor Rug.
- Use Your Wall Space.
- Light It Up.
- Hang a Chair or Hammock.
- 1 What do you do on a balcony?
- 2 How important is a balcony in an apartment?
- 3 Can you enclose an apartment balcony?
- 4 What do you keep in your balcony?
- 5 How much value does a balcony add to an apartment?
- 6 How do I get privacy on my balcony?
- 7 Is it worth having a balcony?
- 8 Do balconies add value?
- 9 Do people actually use their balconies?
- 10 Can you turn a balcony into a sunroom?
- 11 How do I close my apartment balcony?
- 12 Is it legal to cover balcony?
- 13 How do you turn a balcony into a room?
- 14 Which Colour is best for balcony?
What do you do on a balcony?
Things To Do With a Balcony (5 Ideas)
- Create a Balcony Garden. There is no better way to use your only outdoor space than creating a BALCONY GARDEN.
- Outdoor Dining Area.
- A Balcony Bar.
- Create a Reading Nook.
- Develop an Urban Oasis.
How important is a balcony in an apartment?
Growing plants: Balconies may offer more sunlight than other rooms. Relaxation: If your balcony is a suntrap, it can be a great place to relax with a book. Eating al fresco: A meal outdoors is always a pleasure. Storage: The extra space outside an apartment can be useful for storing objects if you don’t have space
Can you enclose an apartment balcony?
If you want to enclose your apartment balcony, you will need to build walls and a roof to enclose the entire project, providing privacy and a greater level of comfort within a controlled environment.
What do you keep in your balcony?
Things To Have In A Balcony | Apartment Balcony Ideas
- Small Graceful Chairs and Table.
- Folding Furniture.
- Suspended Table, Hanging Pots & Railing Planters.
- Sofa or a Sitting Bench With Storage.
- Cushions and Poufs.
- Bookcase / Rack/ Planting Shelf.
How much value does a balcony add to an apartment?
A report by Secret Agent Property Services suggests that one-bedroom apartments with balconies can be sold for 11.69 per cent than those without. In two-bedroom apartments the increase with a balcony is 8.40 per cent.
How do I get privacy on my balcony?
6 Balcony Privacy Options
- Outdoor Plants. Jungle Cover. There’s a lot to be said for plant-covered balconies.
- Balcony Shutters. The Shutter-up.
- Balcony Privacy Screens. Shoji-Style.
- Bamboo Roller Blinds. Bamboo-zled.
- Sheer Mosquito-netting Curtains. It’s Curtains for You.
- Beaded Curtains. Just Bead-it.
Is it worth having a balcony?
Balcony cabins are great for giving you that much needed bit of personal space when you’re both in the room. If he wants to nap but you’re wide awake, a balcony offers you a place to hang out without worrying if you’re making too much noise or using too bright lights.
Do balconies add value?
As well as allowing you to soak up some extra rays, balconies can add a significant amount of value to your property. It’s not really surprising that, due to the extra sun catching opportunity, and up to 12% added property value, balconies are becoming more popular than ever.
Do people actually use their balconies?
” Most people don’t use the balconies, but they insist on having them,” he says. But even a small balcony costs money to build, usually drains heat from the interior space and may set its owner up for expensive repair or replacement in the future.
Can you turn a balcony into a sunroom?
Instead of avoiding your balcony for fear of insects, convert your balcony into a three-season or sunroom. This enclosed space can be enjoyed in a variety of climates. Whether you’ll use it as a private room off the master bedroom or an intimate guest space, your balcony remodel will come in handy.
How do I close my apartment balcony?
10 ideas for enclosing your balcony to enjoy it in all weather
- Metallic sheath. Save. Traveler’s House.
- Glass casing. Save. De Panache – Interior Architects Request quote.
- Wooden shutters. Save. House 516.
- Stationary awning. Save. Bliss Home.
- High railings. Save.
- Wall mounted awning. Save.
- Elongated canopy. Save.
- Fibreglass pergola. Save.
Is it legal to cover balcony?
You are legally obliged to take revised permission from local authority for covering balcony, as it is a deviation from approved plan, though most of the people don’t do it and perhaps most of the local authority also ignore illegal construction.
How do you turn a balcony into a room?
Create a bar or a party pad in your balcony. Place a tall table, a few high chairs, and smaller stools for more seating area. Add a compact bar counter with storage on the wall, and decorative accessories, including mood lighting. Add some elegant mood lighting and décor accessories as well.
Which Colour is best for balcony?
Bring the best of sunny shades out with yellow balcony painting. And now it’s up to you how you wish to decorate the space – give it a garden-like look with potted plants or go minimalistic with a pale-coloured table-chair setting. Yellow and tones of yellows are just perfect for all kinds of balcony walls.