How to Reset an Airbag Light
- Put the key into the ignition and turn the switch to the “on” position.
- Watch for the airbag light to turn on. It will stay illuminated for seven seconds and then shut itself off. After it shuts off, immediately turn the switch off and wait three seconds.
- Repeat Steps 1 and 2 two more times.
- 1 How do I get my airbag light to turn off?
- 2 Will disconnecting the battery reset the airbag light?
- 3 How do you reset an airbag sensor?
- 4 What does it mean when the airbag light stays on?
- 5 How much does it cost to reset the airbag light?
- 6 Can a blown fuse cause the airbag light to come on?
- 7 Can a bad battery cause airbag light to come on?
- 8 Is it safe to drive with airbag light on?
- 9 Can you unplug an airbag sensor?
How do I get my airbag light to turn off?
How to Turn Off the Airbag Light
- Turn on the ignition switch with your car key.
- Wait for the airbag warning light to turn off.
- Turn the ignition switch of your car back off for a little longer than three seconds.
- Repeat steps 1 through 3 twice to make three times total.
Will disconnecting the battery reset the airbag light?
Often, all it takes to get rid of that pesky warning light is to reset your airbag sensor. Remove the terminal clamp and leave it disconnected for 5-10 seconds to allow the airbag sensor to reset. Then reconnect the battery terminal and turn the vehicle on. With a bit of luck, the light will stay off.
How do you reset an airbag sensor?
Conclusion – How to Reset Airbag Light
- Turn your ignition on and off.
- Restart your vehicle and do a test drive.
- Examine the passenger airbag switch.
- Inspect whether seat belts are fastened or working correctly.
- Verify that the passenger seat sensor is not applied.
- Use a scanner with an SRS or airbag light reset option.
What does it mean when the airbag light stays on?
The airbag light indicates that something is wrong with the seatbelts or airbags. This means that it’s probably not safe to drive with the airbag light on. If it stays illuminated in your vehicle, we recommend having it towed to the dealership rather than driving it yourself.
How much does it cost to reset the airbag light?
Number 1 — Reset Airbag Light You’ll need to hire a professional to come in and examine the airbags before you continue to drive the car. This process can take several hours of time and usually costs a few hundred dollars, although depending upon the type of car it may be up to about $600.
Can a blown fuse cause the airbag light to come on?
Blown fuses can definitely cause the airbag light to come on. When the airbag system is malfunctioning, a mechanic or auto parts store should be able to read the code that the system is putting out which will give them a clue as to what particular problem the airbag is having.
Can a bad battery cause airbag light to come on?
A bad battery will affect he voltage regulator and alternator. The alternator is now working harder to charge something that can’t be charged. This will cause other electrical problems throughout the car, which may include your airbag sensors. A bad airbag sensor will cause your airbag light to turn on.
Is it safe to drive with airbag light on?
If the airbag light is on, it means that the airbag will not be able to deploy in the event of an accident. This is a dangerous proposition, and it means that you should avoid driving if at all possible in that vehicle.
Can you unplug an airbag sensor?
Disconnecting the airbag unit from the harness without unplugging the battery may trigger the airbags to deploy or may cause damage to the computer system. After disconnecting the positive battery cable, you should wait three minutes before removing the computer module.