To view a Microsoft Defender Antivirus event
- Open Event Viewer.
- In the console tree, expand Applications and Services Logs, then Microsoft, then Windows, then Windows Defender.
- Double-click on Operational.
- In the details pane, view the list of individual events to find your event.
- 1 Does Windows Defender have a log file?
- 2 How do I see Windows Defender scan results?
- 3 How do I monitor Windows Defender?
- 4 How do I check my antivirus log?
- 5 Where do I find Windows Defender logs?
- 6 Where are Microsoft Defender logs?
- 7 Where are the results of Windows Defender Offline Scan?
- 8 How do I access my Windows firewall log?
- 9 Does Windows Defender Offline remove viruses?
- 10 How do I check my defender detection build?
- 11 How do I check AV Defender status?
- 12 Can you centrally manage Windows Defender?
- 13 What are antivirus logs?
- 14 How do I run MpCmdRun EXE?
- 15 Do I need MsMpEng EXE?
Does Windows Defender have a log file?
On Windows 7, Microsoft Defender logs are located in the “ProgramDataMicrosoftWindows DefenderSupport” directory. These logs often contain information regarding updates to the scanning engine or the signature database, as well as records of scans and detected malware (as well as any actions taken).
How do I see Windows Defender scan results?
Where can I find scan results? To see the Microsoft Defender Offline scan results: Select Start, and then select Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection.
How do I monitor Windows Defender?
You can use Microsoft Endpoint Manager to monitor Microsoft Defender Antivirus or create email alerts. Or, you can monitor protection using Microsoft Intune. If you have a third-party security information and event management (SIEM) server, you can also consume Windows Defender client events.
How do I check my antivirus log?
Viewing the Last AntiVirus Scan Log on an Endpoint
- On the endpoint, select Start > Control Panel.
- Double-click Agent Control Panel. Step Result: The Agent Control Panel opens.
- Select AntiVirus from the main menu.
- In the Virus and Malware scan history section, click View Log.
Where do I find Windows Defender logs?
You can view this event log on a Windows host with the Event Viewer under Applications and Services Logs > Microsoft > Windows > Microsoft Defender Antivirus > Operational.
Where are Microsoft Defender logs?
The Defender for Identity logs are located in a subfolder called Logs where Defender for Identity is installed; the default location is: C:Program FilesAzure Advanced Threat Protection Sensor.
Where are the results of Windows Defender Offline Scan?
Microsoft Defender Offline scan results will be listed in the Scan history section of the Windows Security app.
How do I access my Windows firewall log?
You can see the Windows firewall log files via Notepad. Go to Windows Firewall with Advanced Security. Right-click on Windows Firewall with Advanced Security and click on Properties. The Windows Firewall with Advanced Security Properties box should appear.
Does Windows Defender Offline remove viruses?
The Windows Defender Offline scan will automatically detect and remove or quarantine malware.
How do I check my defender detection build?
Open the Microsoft Defender Security Center app, select the Settings icon, and then select About. The version number is listed under Antimalware Client Version. Open the Microsoft Defender app, select Help, and then select About. The version number is listed under Antimalware Client Version.
How do I check AV Defender status?
To check the current status of Microsoft Defender using PowerShell, use these steps: Open Start. Search for PowerShell, right-click the top result, and select the Run as administrator option. Confirm the AntivirusEnabled is reads True to know if the security solution is running.
Can you centrally manage Windows Defender?
System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) is Microsoft’s commercial systems management product that can centrally control the configuration of many “Windows Defender” technologies, including Windows Defender AV, WDAC, Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security, etc.
What are antivirus logs?
Antivirus logs contains stats about scanned objects, the settings used for each task, and a history of actions performed on individual files. Logs are recorded for real-time protection events, antivirus database updates and more.
How do I run MpCmdRun EXE?
You can find the utility in %ProgramFiles%Windows DefenderMpCmdRun.exe. Run it from a command prompt. You might need to open an administrator-level version of the command prompt. When you search for Command Prompt on the Start menu, choose Run as administrator.
Do I need MsMpEng EXE?
MsMpEng.exe is an important and core process of Windows Defender. Its function is to scan downloaded files for spyware, such that it finds any suspicious items will remove or quarantine them. It also actively prevents spyware infections on your PC by searching the system for known worms and trojan programs.