The pot filler should be placed to the right or left of the cooking surface to avoid reaching over the cooking surface to access. The pot filler can be placed above the cooking surface. However, it can get hot from the surface burners or a large pot.
- 1 How far above the stove should a pot filler be?
- 2 What is the rough in height for a pot filler?
- 3 Should a pot filler be hot or cold water?
- 4 Why do pot fillers have 2 handles?
- 5 Where do pot fillers go above stove?
- 6 Why do pot fillers have 2 valves?
- 7 Can a pot filler be installed on an outside wall?
- 8 Are pot fillers hard to install?
- 9 Should I install a pot filler?
How far above the stove should a pot filler be?
In general, the faucet needs to be placed anywhere from 16 to 36 inches above the surface of the range top or stove. The large amount of range in this number is based primarily on personal preference. Try grabbing the biggest stockpot used on the stove and add at least three or four inches to its height.
What is the rough in height for a pot filler?
Pot fillers are typically located on a wall over a stovetop. If you want to avoid problems, you should mount the pot filler at 12 to 24 inches above the stove burner. Though, you might want to use your tallest pot to measure the height you will need.
Should a pot filler be hot or cold water?
Pot Fillers You can run either a hot water line or a cold one, they don’t have a mixer and therefore can only dispense the water they are hooked to. They can be installed on the wall or on your countertop. Pot fillers for kitchen are a must to help with quick supply of hot and cold water.
Why do pot fillers have 2 handles?
Many pot fillers come with two handles, so one can turn on the water at the source and then adjust it as needed over the pot, but one handle works just about as well, if with a little more reaching.
Where do pot fillers go above stove?
- Place the pot filler high enough to fill the largest pot.
- The pot filler should be placed to the right or left of the cooking surface to avoid reaching over the cooking surface to access.
- The pot filler can be placed above the cooking surface.
Why do pot fillers have 2 valves?
Make sure to consider the height of your cooktop as well as your tallest pot when determining the location of the faucet. It’s also recommended to get a faucet with two valves. (The second valve helps to control and minimize damage should the faucet ever get a leak.)
Can a pot filler be installed on an outside wall?
It should be OK “IF” you keep the supply near the inside of the wall “AND” if you are successful in getting the insulation contractor to only put insulation between the outside and the supply with nothing between the inside and the supply.
Are pot fillers hard to install?
1. Pot Fillers Require an Involved Installation. If you already have a pot filler installed, you do not need to worry too much about the installation process since you will only need to replace the old one with a new model. However, if you do not have one, you may be surprised by the installation process.
Should I install a pot filler?
For many homeowners who have one, their pot filler is indispensable and the greatest accessory they added to their project. Proponents say that having one can reduce strain on the arms back and hands from lugging heavy, water-filled pots from the sink to the stove.