The sprinkler wire connects each automatic valve to the sprinkler timer or controller. The sprinkler timer tells each valve to open at a specified time, run for a specified time, and then close. The easiest ways to design a professional, water-conserving sprinkler system are to use the Orbit Sprinkler System Designer.
Why is my orbit sprinkler not rotating?
When the water pressure is too low, an inadequate amount of water flows through the sprinkler head and it will not turn. Damaged or broken Orbit sprinkler heads cannot be repaired and will need to be replaced.
How do you fix a sprinkler that won’t rotate?
How to Do It
- Disassemble the sprinkler head.
- Take off the filter at the bottom of the head.
- Rinse the filter in a bucket filled with clean water to wash out debris.
- If this doesn’t work you’ll need to have the sprinkler head replaced.
- If it does work, make sure the head is properly adjusted when you re-install it.
Why does my sprinkler get stuck?
The most common cause of a stuck sprinkler head is dirt and debris. If dirt, rocks, leaves, or grass gets caught between a sprinkler body and the sprinkler riser, it can clog up the works and stop the riser from sliding back into the body. Resulting in a sprinkler head that won’t go down.
How do you test an orbit sprinkler?
Turn the dial to the “Auto” position and move the slide switch for the desired valve up to the “Manual On” position to test valves on Orbit’s “Individual Station Slide” timers. To test all the valves in sequence, simply press the “Manual” key and press “Enter.”
How do I turn on my orbit sprinkler system after winter?
Steps to turn on sprinkler system after wintering
- Find system’s main shut-off valve.
- Find the vacuum breaker.
- Close the vacuum breaker test valves.
- Open the vacuum breaker’s shut-off valves.
- Reinstall main valve bleeder cap (as needed).
- Slowly open the main valve.
- Test the system.
- Recheck the vacuum breaker and valves.
What does no AC mean on orbit sprinkler?
The “No AC” means the battery is powering the unit but won’t power the sprinkler controls. It’s either the prime power source or the unit.