guise. Antonyms: character, person, individual, sentiment, disposition, opinion, life, mind, soul, self. Synonyms: aspect, garb, semblance, plea, demeanor, dress, appearance, fashion, mien, manner.
- 1 What are some synonym and antonym?
- 2 What does it mean to guise?
- 3 Whats is an antonym?
- 4 What is the synonym for antonym?
- 5 How do you spell under the guise?
- 6 How do you use guise?
- 7 What is the spelling of Guies?
- 8 What is example of antonym?
- 9 What are the 3 types of antonyms?
- 10 Is an antonym opposite?
- 11 Is synonym and antonym of antonym?
- 12 How do I find an antonym?
What are some synonym and antonym?
Synonyms & Antonyms of antonym
What does it mean to guise?
1: a form or style of dress: costume attended the masquerade in the guise of a court jester. 2a obsolete: manner, fashion. b archaic: a customary way of speaking or behaving. 3a: external appearance: semblance The android is a machine in human guise.
Whats is an antonym?
English Language Learners Definition of antonym: a word with a meaning that is opposite to the meaning of another word.
What is the synonym for antonym?
In this page you can discover 20 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for antonym, like: opposite, support, antipode, antipodes, contrary, antithesis, contrapositive, synonym, reverse, opposite word and adjective.
How do you spell under the guise?
Definition of under the guise of: by saying or acting as if something is other than what it really is She swindles people under the guise of friendship.
How do you use guise?
Guise in a Sentence
- Under the guise of a police officer, the crook walked into the bank and easily robbed the tellers.
- A fresh coat of paint will give our old house the guise of being brand new.
- Today, many surveillance cameras are made in the guise of regular household objects so they will not be noticed.
What is the spelling of Guies?
general external appearance; aspect; semblance: an old principle in a new guise. assumed appearance or mere semblance: under the guise of friendship.
What is example of antonym?
An antonym is a word that means the opposite of another word. For instance, the antonym of ‘hot’ may be ‘ cold. ‘ The root words for the word ‘antonym’ are the words ‘anti,’ meaning ‘against’ or ‘opposite,’ and ‘onym,’ meaning ‘name. ‘ Synonyms and antonyms are exactly the opposite.
What are the 3 types of antonyms?
There are three types of antonyms: Gradable Antonyms, Complementary Antonyms, and Relational Antonyms.
Is an antonym opposite?
An antonym is a word that is the opposite of another word. An opposite can be the other side of, reverse of, or something contrary to anything, not just words. ‘Up’ is the antonym/opposite of ‘down.
Is synonym and antonym of antonym?
Antonyms are words with opposite meanings. Synonyms are words with the same or similar meaning. Homonyms are words that are spelled and pronounced the same, but have different meanings.
How do I find an antonym?
To find an antonym, follow these steps:
- Position the insertion point in the word you wish to check.
- Press Shift+F7.
- If antonyms are available for the word, you will see the Antonyms choice.
- In the Replace with Antonym list, select an antonym for your word.
- Click on Replace.