10 Uses for Leftover Eggnog
- Extend the Holiday Cheer. Seasonal eggnog is far more versatile than you might think.
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes.
- Eggnog Oatmeal.
- Eggnog Ice Cubes.
- Eggnog French Toast.
- Eggnog Latte.
- Eggnog Biscuits.
- Eggnog Rice Pudding or Risotto.
- 1 Can I use eggnog instead of milk?
- 2 Why should you not drink eggnog?
- 3 How should eggnog be served?
- 4 What Can eggnog be used for?
- 5 Can you use egg nog in place of heavy cream?
- 6 Is it OK to drink egg nog?
- 7 What happens when you drink too much eggnog?
- 8 Why is eggnog so fattening?
- 9 Do you serve eggnog cold or warm?
- 10 Do you put ice in eggnog?
- 11 What kind of liquor goes in eggnog?
- 12 How do you get rid of eggnog?
Can I use eggnog instead of milk?
Yes, you can use eggnog in baking, substituting it directly for buttermilk or milk in many recipes. That said, in the vast majority of cases, eggnog can be substituted 1:1 for milk, buttermilk and cream in baking recipes.
Why should you not drink eggnog?
Eggnog is loaded with saturated fat and sugar. It also has a significant amount of cholesterol, which you really can’t do anything about since it’s from the eggs. (And without the eggs in eggnog it would just be, well, nog.)
How should eggnog be served?
Serve your eggnog chilled and plain for a classic treat. The most classic way to serve eggnog doesn’t involve any prep, and it’s perfect as an after-dinner treat around the holidays. All you have to do is pour chilled eggnog into a glass. It pairs nicely with sweets, especially baked goods make with milk or cream.
What Can eggnog be used for?
10 Smart Ways to Use Up Eggnog
- Make eggnog lattes at home.
- Swap it in when making cream biscuits.
- Stir it into pancake and waffle batter.
- Stir it into mashed sweet potatoes.
- Make flavored marshmallows.
- Make muffins or quick bread.
- Turn it into frosting.
- Cook it into caramel sauce.
Can you use egg nog in place of heavy cream?
Basically eggnog, while fatty, isn’t quite creamy enough to hold peaks on its own. That means you’ll need about 1/2 cup eggnog for every cup of heavy cream. Even that will change slightly depending on the consistency of your nog.
Is it OK to drink egg nog?
The FDA also recommends using egg substitutes or pasteurized eggs, which are available at most grocery stores. And you totally don’t have to make eggnog with eggs either (although then its name should just be nog). So yes, eggnog is safe to drink for a healthy individual.
What happens when you drink too much eggnog?
Too Much of a good thing. Reminder: Chugging Too Much Eggnog Will Not Bear A Pleasant Result. Even without alcohol, eggnog packs a whopping, creamy punch. So when you chug a quart of eggnog in about 12 seconds, things are not going to go well.
Why is eggnog so fattening?
“ Eggnog is high in calories and saturated fat because of the whole milk and heavy cream. It’s also loaded with sugar,” says Christy Brissette, R.D., president of 80 Twenty Nutrition. Of course, toss in a shot of rum, and you’re adding another 64 calories for a total of about 176 calories per serving.
Do you serve eggnog cold or warm?
Although its exact origin is uncertain, hot eggnog has been a mainstay of winter social life for hundreds of years. It can be served hot or cold, with alcohol or without, in dainty punch cups or in substantial mugs. Eggs in the nog can be cooked to a safe temperature or incorporated raw.
Do you put ice in eggnog?
Although cartons of the creamy beverage can be found in the aisles of most grocery stores, no eggnog tastes better than the one that is freshly made and served immediately, chilled over ice cubes and spiced with a touch of nutmeg.
What kind of liquor goes in eggnog?
While brandy is the most traditional alcohol to add in for eggnog, according to traditional recipes, you can also use a mixture of dark rum and Cognac. If you like your eggnog a little more boozy, you can also add bourbon, but we recommend sticking to rum and Cognac to preserve the ‘nog’s flavors.
How do you get rid of eggnog?
Remove Spilled Eggnog from Clothing
- Dissolve a little enzymatic laundry detergent in cool water in the sink.
- Submerge the stained item in this solution, and leave it to soak for about 30 minutes.
- After soaking, launder the item as usual, using the same enzymatic detergent in the washing machine.