Steps for Making DIY Wood Signs
- Get your plywood.
- Paint your sign.
- Create Your Design.
- Import the Design into the Silhouette Studio & Create a Cut File.
- Cut your Stencil.
- Weed Your Stencil.
- Place transfer tape over your letters, then place on the board where you want them.
- Paint over the words with Mod Podge.
What kind of wood do you use to make a sign?
There are several wooden materials that most sign companies use to build custom outdoor signage, but the following are the most common: Water-proof plywood (Crezon board) Redwood (natural wood) Cedar wood (natural wood)
What are outdoor signs made of?
Outdoor Sign Materials
- Aluminum. Aluminum is available in a wide variety of colors and sizes.
- Typical PVC & Polystyrene Application.