Louisiana has two international airports: Alexandria International Airport (AEX) and the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport. While it is more expensive to fly to Alexandria, it is the best airport for anyone who wants to fly to the central region of the state.
- 1 Does Southwest fly into Louisiana?
- 2 Where do you fly into for New Orleans?
- 3 Does Southwest Airlines fly to Shreveport Louisiana?
- 4 What airlines fly out of Alexandria LA?
- 5 How many major airports are in Louisiana?
- 6 What airlines fly out of Louisiana?
- 7 Can I visit New Orleans right now?
- 8 What is the closest major airport to New Orleans?
- 9 What airline hub is in New Orleans?
- 10 Does Shreveport have an airport?
- 11 What is Shreveport airport code?
Does Southwest fly into Louisiana?
Southwest ranks as the primary carrier at the airport, but other airlines provide service to New Orleans as well. Options include Delta, American, United, Spirit, JetBlue, Frontier, Allegiant and Alaska Airlines.
Where do you fly into for New Orleans?
Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY) is the primary airport for New Orleans and for southeast Louisiana.
Does Southwest Airlines fly to Shreveport Louisiana?
Competition. There are four airlines that fly out of Shreveport — Allegiant, American, Delta and United. They can support Southwest Airlines.
What airlines fly out of Alexandria LA?
Airlines Serving Alexandria Louisiana
- Delta Airlines, which connects to its hub in Atlanta (ATL)
- American Airlines with connections to Dallas-Ft. Worth International Airport (DFW) and Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT)
- United Air Lines with flights to its hub at Houston Intercontinental Airport (IAH)
How many major airports are in Louisiana?
In total, there are 7 airports in Louisiana with scheduled flights.
What airlines fly out of Louisiana?
The airport is served by four airlines to seven major destinations.
- Allegiant Airlines – With service to Los Angeles and Las Vegas with seasonal flights to Destin & Orlando/Sanford.
- American Airlines – With service to Charlotte & Dallas/Fort Worth.
- Delta Air Lines – With service to Atlanta.
Can I visit New Orleans right now?
Visiting New Orleans right now New Orleans Mayor LaToya Cantrell recently announced a mandate that all residents and visitors must show proof of a COVID-19 vaccination or a recent negative PCR test to go inside restaurants, bars and other indoor venues, including the Caesars Superdome, effective now.
What is the closest major airport to New Orleans?
The nearest airport to New Orleans is New Orleans (MSY) Airport which is 11.1 miles away. Other nearby airports include Gulfport/Biloxi (GPT) (68.1 miles) and Baton Rouge (BTR) (76.3 miles).
What airline hub is in New Orleans?
Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport is located in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana and is the main international gateway to New Orleans. Hosting domestic, regional and international passenger and cargo services for over 15 airlines, the airport is a regional hub for Southwest Airlines.
Does Shreveport have an airport?
Shreveport Regional Airport, LA – Official Website | Official Website.
What is Shreveport airport code?