Cook the turkey breast side down for the best results. The liquids from the turkey roast down towards the breast, resulting in the most luscious flesh possible. In addition, the breast is more shielded from the heat, which helps to prevent it from becoming overly dried out.
Contrary to popular belief, whether the breasts are positioned up or down does not affect their juiciness.
How long do you cook a fully cooked turkey breast?
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Oil the skin of the turkey.
- Place the turkey in the roasting pan upside down (breast side down) and cook until done.
- Into the roasting pan, pour the broth
- cover the pan securely with aluminum foil.
- Invert the pan and cook for an hour.
- Turn the breast over and put it back in the oven without covering it with foil.
How do you cook a fully cooked turkey breast?
For the first four kg, leave it in for 40 minutes each kilogram of body weight. If your turkey weighs more than four kilos, cook it for an additional 45 minutes every kilogram above the four-kilogram weight limit. Your turkey should be 75 degrees Celsius by the time it’s done.