- It is possible to make zoodles in two different methods with a mandoline equipped with a julienne blade.
- You may also press the zucchini down the julienne blade in a lengthwise direction, which will result in long, straight strips of zucchini.
- My preferred method, though, is to twist the zucchini on the julienne blade, much like you would a pencil in a sharpener, until the zucchini is thin and even.
How to cook zucchini noodles?
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat until shimmering.
- Add in the zucchini noodles and mix well (with minced garlic if you want some flavor).
- Cook for around 1-2 minutes on medium heat.
Make sure that the zucchini is very barely cooked in order to maintain its fresh, crisp quality.As the zoodles cook, toss them regularly with a pair of tongs to ensure that they do not overcook.
How do you use a mandoline to cut zucchini?
The mandoline is equipped with little spikes that may be pushed upward. They will slice the zucchini in half lengthwise, and then the slicer will cut the slices into little strips for you to take home. You will need to pick up the zucchini and bring it back to the top of the stack. Don’t try to slide it back up again. A single little zucchini may be found in this photo.
What do you serve with zucchini noodles?
Zucchini noodles may be used in lieu of spaghetti or linguine in almost any dish you can think of. I like them best when they’re smothered in homemade marinara sauce or served under shrimp scampi.