advertisement. (marketing) A commercial solicitation designed to sell some commodity, service or similar. A public notice. A recommendation of a particular product, service or person.
- 1 Is advertise a noun or verb?
- 2 Can advertising be used as a noun?
- 3 Is advertising a noun or adjective?
- 4 What is the verb of advertise?
- 5 What is the suffix of advertise?
- 6 What is the adjective of advertise?
- 7 What are forms of advertising?
- 8 Is advertising a countable or uncountable noun?
- 9 What is the base word of advertise?
- 10 What do you mean by advertising?
- 11 What is the noun of receive?
- 12 How do you write an advertisement?
- 13 What do we call a person who advertise?
Is advertise a noun or verb?
verb (used without object), ad·ver·tised, ad·ver·tis·ing. to ask for something by placing a notice in a newspaper, over radio or television, etc.: to advertise for a house to rent. to offer goods for sale or rent, solicit funds, etc., by means of advertisements: It pays to advertise. Cards.
Can advertising be used as a noun?
advertising noun – Definition, pictures, pronunciation and usage notes | Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary at OxfordLearnersDictionaries.com.
Is advertising a noun or adjective?
ADVERTISING ( noun ) definition and synonyms | Macmillan Dictionary.
What is the verb of advertise?
transitive verb. 1: to make something known to: notify. 2a: to make publicly and generally known advertising their readiness to make concessions. b: to announce publicly especially by a printed notice or a broadcast a poster advertising forthcoming events.
What is the suffix of advertise?
Answer: For the word advertise ‘ ment ‘ is the suffix. And we can add the prefix like pre advertisement or post advertisement..
What is the adjective of advertise?
advertisable. Suitable for being advertised.
What are forms of advertising?
Types of advertising
- Newspaper. Newspaper advertising can promote your business to a wide range of customers.
- Magazine. Advertising in a specialist magazine can reach your target market quickly and easily.
- Outdoor and transit.
- Direct mail, catalogues and leaflets.
Is advertising a countable or uncountable noun?
NounEdit. ( countable ) An advertisement is a public notice which advertises something; pictures and writing from a company which many people can see.
What is the base word of advertise?
It comes from the Latin verb advertere, meaning “to turn one’s attention to (something),” from a combination of ad-, meaning “toward,” and vertere, “to turn.” The word advertise is based on the same root.
What do you mean by advertising?
Definition: Advertising is a means of communication with the users of a product or service. Advertisements are messages paid for by those who send them and are intended to inform or influence people who receive them, as defined by the Advertising Association of the UK.
What is the noun of receive?
receipt. The act of receiving, or the fact of having been received. (obsolete) The fact of having received a blow, injury etc. (in the plural) A quantity or amount received; takings.
How do you write an advertisement?
Draft an advertisement in not more than 50 words giving all your requirements.
- Clearly state the category at the top, e.g., Tor Sale’, ‘To Let’, etc.
- Give all necessary details in points using commAnswer:
- Give contact address, name and telephone number.
- Put the matter in a box.
What do we call a person who advertise?
advertiser noun. someone who advertises something. audiencenoun. all the people who watch a television program, listen to a radio broadcast, or are reached by advertising. billposternoun.