Two-Letter State Abbreviations
- 1 What does NH stand for in states?
- 2 What is the two letter abbreviation for New Hampshire?
- 3 Is Hants an abbreviation for Hampshire?
- 4 Is Surrey in Hampshire?
- 5 What does the abbreviation MA stand for?
- 6 How do you abbreviate the word province?
- 7 What is MN abbreviation state?
- 8 What is the abbreviation for Detroit?
- 9 What is New Hampshire state flower?
What does NH stand for in states?
NH ( New Hampshire )
What is the two letter abbreviation for New Hampshire?
So “ NH ” is the official two letter abbreviation for New Hampshire and to address mail and packages to a New Hampshire address.
Is Hants an abbreviation for Hampshire?
Hampshire derives its name from the settlement that is now the city of Southampton. The old name was recorded in the Domesday book as Hantescire, and from this spelling the modern abbreviation “Hants” derives.
Is Surrey in Hampshire?
Surrey (/ˈsʌri/) is a county in South East England which borders Kent to the east, East Sussex to the southeast, West Sussex to the south, Hampshire to the west, Berkshire to the northwest, and Greater London to the northeast. Surrey is divided into eleven districts.
What does the abbreviation MA stand for?
Massachusetts (US postal abbreviation) MA.
How do you abbreviate the word province?
Prov Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com.
What is MN abbreviation state?
Minnesota State Abbreviation and Minnesota Postal Abbreviation.
What is the abbreviation for Detroit?
What is New Hampshire state flower?
The purple lilac, Syringa vulgaris, is the state flower of New Hampshire. New Hampshire historian Leon Anderson writes in To This Day that the purple lilac was first imported from England and planted at the Portsmouth home of Governor Benning Wentworth in 1750. It was adopted as our state’s flower in 1919.