Correct Option: C. The preamble of the Indian Constitution mentions that the Constitution derives its authority from the people of India. The words in the preamble- “We, the people of India.
- 1 What is the authority of a Constitution?
- 2 What is the source of authority of Indian Constitution?
- 3 What are the sources of the Constitution?
- 4 What are the sources of authority in 1987 Constitution?
- 5 Who has the authority to explain the Constitution?
- 6 Where does the Constitution get its authority?
- 7 What is source of authority?
- 8 What are the main sources of Constitution of India?
- 9 Is preamble a source of authority of Constitution of India?
- 10 What are the 5 sources of Constitution?
- 11 What are the four source of Constitution?
- 12 What are the sources of the Nigeria Constitution?
- 13 What are the main sources of Philippine law?
- 14 What form of government is 1987 constitution?
- 15 What are the administrative agencies that were created under the 1987 Constitution?
It is an authority that constitutes government in the first place. The second function of a constitution is to specify who has the power to make decisions in a society. It decides how the government will be constituted.
Answer Expert Verified. The source of authority of the Indian constitution is a supreme judicial authority. The Constitution is an extreme blessing by the general population of India, for The general population of India. It’s not Parliment, President, PM, but rather The People of India who are Sovereign.
What are the sources of the Constitution?
Constitutions are sourced from different historical facts; the sources of constitution are through convention, custom and tradition, judicial precedents, act of parliament, opinions of elder statesmen, decisions of national conference, military decree and international agreements.
The 1987 Constitution provides that the Philippines is a democratic and republican state where sovereignty resides in the people and all government authority emanates from them ( Article II, section 1 ).
Judicial review was adopted by the constitution of India from judicial review in the United States. In the Indian constitution, judicial review is dealt with in Article 13.
It neither assigns powers to the federal government, nor does it place specific limitations on government action. Rather, it sets out the origin, scope, and purpose of the Constitution. Its origin and authority is in “We, the people of the United States”. This echoes the Declaration of Independence.
What are sources of authority? When it comes to finding out about or understanding something, or making decisions about what to do, most people have various sources of authority they can go to for guidance and help. These might include: friends. family.
What are the main sources of Constitution of India?
What are the Main Sources of the Indian Constitution?
- i. Government of India Act, 1935:
- ii. British Constitution:
- iii. US Constitution:
- iv. Irish Constitution:
- v. Canadian Constitution:
- vi. Australian Constitution:
- vii. Weimar Constitution:
- viii. Soviet Constitution:
The Court held that: The Preamble of the Constitution will now be considered as part of the Constitution. The Preamble is not the supreme power or source of any restriction or prohibition but it plays an important role in the interpretation of statutes and provisions of the Constitution.
What are the 5 sources of Constitution?
Sources of a Constitution
- Opinions of political and constitutional writers.
- Constitutions of other countries.
- Customs and conventions.
- Previous constitutions.
- Decisions of a constituent Assembly.
- Judicial Precedents.
What are the four source of Constitution?
Primary sources are the actual laws and rules issued by governing bodies that tell us what we can and cannot do. The four primary sources are constitutions, statutes, cases, and regulations. These laws and rules are issued by official bodies from the three branches of government.
What are the sources of the Nigeria Constitution?
The Nigerian Constitution is derived from constitutions of other countries, opinions of political and constitutional writers, customs and conventions, previous constitutions and judicial precedents. The fundamental features of the Nigerian Constitution are as follows: A presidential form of government.
What are the main sources of Philippine law?
The main sources of Philippine law are:
- the Constitution – the fundamental and supreme law of the land.
- statutes – including Acts of Congress, municipal charters, municipal legislation, court rules, administrative rules and orders, legislative rules and presidential issuances.
What form of government is 1987 constitution?
The 1987 Constitution established a representative democracy with power divided among three separate and independent branches of government: the Executive, a bicameral Legislature, and the Judiciary.
What are the administrative agencies that were created under the 1987 Constitution?
The Constitutional Commissions, which shall be independent, are the Civil Service Commission, the Commission on Elections, and the Commission on Audit.